Paducah Tilghman at Christian Academy of Louisville Predictions/Updates

TilghmanPride

Paducah Tilghman at CAL  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/19/2022 at 01:00 AM

Paducah Tilghman (6-6) at CAL (12-0) 

The rematch that so many have anticipated is here. CAL will no doubt be a big favorite for the second installment as they were in the first, and deservedly so. They have been nothing short of amazing this year. CAL has only allowed 78 points in 12 games (6.5 p.p.g.) while scoring a whopping 50.75 p.p.g. It doesn't get any better than that. 

Tilghman is trying to replicate what they did a year ago and push all the right buttons when November arrives. So far, so good as they have employed a running clock fairly early in both their playoff games, including leading 42-6 last night at halftime in the Casey County game. 

So what does Tilghman have to do to go on the road and pull of the upset again? Exactly the same thing they did in the game last year. They got CAL to put the ball on the ground a few times and picked off a few passes, they'll need to get a couple again. They also bottled up the CAL running game on defense for the most part, holding Copenhaver to only 37 yards on 12 carries. The PT D-Line was stout then and it's stout again this season. CAL did have some success in the air, in large part to Easton Messer, who had a monster game against PT, including running back 2 kickoffs for touchdowns. They have a terrific passing game yet again led by Cole Hodge, who has a lot of weapons. 

For all the differences from last season, I still see the formula being nearly identical for PT to pull the road upset off. A season ago, in the 8 games prior to this one, CAL had given up 48 points (6 p.p.g) before giving up 41 to Tilghman. No Easton Messer for CAL and no Cam Marshall for PT this go around. 

Who steps up and makes a name for themselves in this one? With multiple playmakers for both teams, the most important aspect in my mind is the line of scrimmage. If PT can hang around at all, that will be why. They put a lot of pressure on opposing qb's even when they don't get the sack, which sometimes hurts them against running qb's and Hodge can make plays with his feet. A good chess match indeed. 

I suspect CAL will be largely favored, and they should be, they have been nothing short of amazing. As PT fans, our hope is that we've seen this movie before after a 4-6 regular season more than once and we sure hope it replays again somehow. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• TilghmanPride changed the title to Paducah Tilghman at Christian Academy of Louisville Predictions/Updates

I think PT going win and surprise everyone sort of like last year. Lovelace has the defense playing at a high level and more importantly has a healthy unit ready for this game. Paducah offensive played their best game of the season at the right time. Getting their main back injured strangely helped them in the long run now they have two backs who can be effective and opens up the passing game. Tuff task going on the road again but they seem to play their best when folks count them out. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Toothpick said:

Will anybody stream this game? I would love to watch this one, thanks!

CAL usually streams their games online for free. If I can find a link I’ll post it. I should warn you it is relatively bias.

• Like 1

Good physical and mental health for Tilghman makes this a game worthy of Kroger Field. The Tornado have an uncanny knack for pulling themselves together at the most opportune time. It says a great deal about their potential that a .500 team is a serious threat to upset the undisputed #1 team in the class and most statistically dominant force in the entire state, along with Frederick Douglass. 

It's hard to go against CAL, though. Their consistency is incredible and it starts with Hodge. He's special, both above and below the neck. He's got the arm, mobility, poise, and moxie to be a star. More people will know the name next year when he's being floated as a Mr. Football contender. The throws he doesn't make are just as important as the one's he does. Not a lot of opportunities to be had for turnovers on mistake throws. Tilghman will have to make him uncomfortable. 

I expect a battle worthy of more than a quarterfinal, with the Centurions marching on.

• Like 1