14.Fleming-Winning some games

15.Bath-Tough loss to Fleming

16.Menifee-Need some W's

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I give Cubster props for even attempting a poll for the 16th at this point in the year. I see a 5 team tie for first place, no team in the top 5 stands out above the rest. Russell, Boyd, Rose Hill, Ashland and Elliot are all within 5 points of each other. If Russell shoots better from the line and doesnt have some issues with players during the 5th/3rd tournament they could easily be 14-0 at this point. I see a lot of teams splitting this year (Russell / Ashland, Russell / Boyd, Ashland / Boyd, Russell /Elliot.) Im still not convinced that Rose Hill isnt the best in the region. It just seems as if they havent played any solid local teams yet, and before everyone goes crazy, thats not a scheduling shot, Rose Hill has a very tough schedule. The Rose Hill / Ashland matchup on Jan. 23rd should tell us a lot about how good Rose Hill possibly is. The entire month of January will tell a lot about the 16th. Some great matchups. Rose Hill vs. Ashland, Ashland vs. Boyd, Ashland vs, Russell, Elliot vs. Greenup. Like I stated earlier, any team in our region could make it to Rupp. Districts and Region are going to be a lot of fun to watch this year.

I give Cubster props for even attempting a poll for the 16th at this point in the year. I see a 5 team tie for first place, no team in the top 5 stands out above the rest. Russell, Boyd, Rose Hill, Ashland and Elliot are all within 5 points of each other. If Russell shoots better from the line and doesnt have some issues with players during the 5th/3rd tournament they could easily be 14-0 at this point. I see a lot of teams splitting this year (Russell / Ashland, Russell / Boyd, Ashland / Boyd, Russell /Elliot.) Im still not convinced that Rose Hill isnt the best in the region. It just seems as if they havent played any solid local teams yet, and before everyone goes crazy, thats not a scheduling shot, Rose Hill has a very tough schedule. The Rose Hill / Ashland matchup on Jan. 23rd should tell us a lot about how good Rose Hill possibly is. The entire month of January will tell a lot about the 16th. Some great matchups. Rose Hill vs. Ashland, Ashland vs. Boyd, Ashland vs, Russell, Elliot vs. Greenup. Like I stated earlier, any team in our region could make it to Rupp. Districts and Region are going to be a lot of fun to watch this year.

Good analysis. However, I still put Russell as number one. Of course, the winner in head to head matchups may well depend on who is the home team. Homecourt advantage will play a big role in January. Beating Ashland at Ashland, GC at GC, Russell at Russell, EC at EC, BC at BC, and even RH at RH will be difficult. The normal homecourt point advantage increases dramatically in some of those venues.

I hope you are correct. However, I think the greatest home advantage is still at Ashland. The makeup of the refereeing crew also plays a major role. That is not to say that referees, with "malice aforethought", favor certain schools and coaches. However, they are, contrary to what some may think, human beings and, as human beings, they have their "preferences". That is just normal, it is certainly reality, and it is sometimes obvious.

If Russell shoots better from the line and doesnt have some issues with players during the 5th/3rd tournament they could easily be 14-0 at this point.

Maybe I am missing something, but are you implying that Russel would not have lost during the 5th/3rd with their full lineup?

Maybe I am missing something, but are you implying that Russel would not have lost during the 5th/3rd with their full lineup?

No, not in any way. I do however think that if Vanhoose hits a couple free throws down the stretch they beat Mason.I dont recall what his numbers from the line were, but I know they were not close to being considered good. I also dont believe St. X beats them by nearly 40 if they have a few players not on the bench due to off court reasons.

How can you have B.C. ahead of Ashland when Ashland beat them by 10 last time they played?

I personally think BC and Ashland are tied for either the 2 or 3 spot. I would say the reasoning behind Boyd being ranked higher than Ashland is due to the fact that they beat Russell who has held the number 1 spot in the region since day one. Ashland will get their chance soon enough to try and put another loss in Russell's season. If they do, I would imagine they would hold the 2 or 3 spot. I honestly believe that the Rose Hill / Ashland game later this month will clear up a lot of the confusion in the rankings.

How can you have B.C. ahead of Ashland when Ashland beat them by 10 last time they played?

First of all the game was closer than 10,yes they one by 10 reason Boyd was putting them at the line. Boyd beat them also this year or did you forget? Boyd did beat the number one team in the region Friday thats why they are two.I would rather Boyd not be put in that spotlight myself so here you go.

1- Russell

2-ASHLAND.8-7 :sleep:

3-Rosehill.

4-Greenup.

5-Boyd. 7-3

That should make you happy.