EJ Walker (Lloyd '25) Recruiting

15 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

Will Lloyd be a contender in the 9th this year?

Yes, I believe this is the most open the 9th has been in a very long time.  You could make the argument for 6-7 teams that could come out.  Cov Cath should still be considered the favorite, but the gap between them and the rest of the region has seriously shrunken.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, throwback32 said:

Yes, I believe this is the most open the 9th has been in a very long time.  You could make the argument for 6-7 teams that could come out.  Cov Cath should still be considered the favorite, but the gap between them and the rest of the region has seriously shrunken.

I think Lloyd has to be the favorites, but I like Cooper a lot this year too.  Definitely wide open though as CCH and HHS will both be strong. The shooters at Conner will be dangerous, as will the youngsters in Newport.

I would have it this way right now, I think.  I definitely have to see more out of Lloyd before I vault them to the top of the 9th, although they certainly have some very talented players to build around.  Depth, balance, coaching, all critically important along with talent, but I love that Newport and Lloyd are going to be in the mix all year.  Should be a great season in NKY!

CovCath

Cooper

Conner

Lloyd

Newport

1 hour ago, The Double Deuce said:

I would have it this way right now, I think.  I definitely have to see more out of Lloyd before I vault them to the top of the 9th, although they certainly have some very talented players to build around.  Depth, balance, coaching, all critically important along with talent, but I love that Newport and Lloyd are going to be in the mix all year.  Should be a great season in NKY!

CovCath

Cooper

Conner

Lloyd

Newport

I'm in total agreement with your thought process.

• Thanks 1

I guess others aren't as high on Lloyd.  Hard to imagine 2 D1 kids on the same team in NKY and they're not the favorites in the region, but they will need some help I suppose.

What does Cov Cath have coming back besides Ipsaro?  Size has to be a concern.  To quote Road House, "I thought you'd be bigger"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoops Junkie said:

Agreed with DD as well, but not sure I would have Newport in there quite yet.  Would probably have Highlands, Holy Cross, and St. Henry in there before them, but as seems to be popular opinion there are 7-8 teams that can win or lose on any given night.

I'll give you Highlands, you very well may be right there.  St. Henry has been pointing to this senior class since they were in middle school, but something just hasn't clicked the last couple of years since Vieth & Co., so I'm in wait and see mode with them.  Holy Cross?  With Meyer gone, Javi being...umm...inconsistent, and Gibson and the supporting cast being unknown (at best), they would be nowhere near my Top 10.  Heck, I think there is a better chance they finish 4th in the 35th than they finish 2nd.  They are a complete scratch for me until I see something different from a rather inexperienced coach and a roster that was used to revolving around a single sun and that ball of gas is now no longer in the solar system.

• Like 1

• theguru changed the title to EJ Walker (Lloyd '25) Recruiting