Owensboro 24 Daviess County 14

Randy Parker

Defense only gave up 7, but offense left 14-21 points on the field.  Boone bad decision making and cost O near red zone.  Get rid of ball.  Once it got deep 3rd quarter O was content to run and play defense.  Carbon had probably 170ish on ground 2 TDS.

7 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Somebody's rankings got a reality check.

I hate to say it but maybe they need to drop a bit in the rankings so they can get it together. The Devils have started the last 2 games as if they expect to win by just showing up. Def not living up to expectations so far.

1 minute ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Surprised by score but Daviess County was pretty good last year so looks like they are top 6A team in Owensboro area.

This part too. I think a lot of it has to do with DC being underrated. Can see them winning there district with the Defense they have this yr

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Devils Fan said:

Coaching staff for the Devils need to find a way to get rogers the ball more. Boone needs to play more aggressive 

Yep and we used to be linebacker U but the inside backers need to step up.  Where is a Tavuan board, Austin Gough, Logan Blue….?

Well, my Daviess County sent my 50 Burger back and said it wasn't done!  🤣

Alot here!  I think Daviess County (DC) had a come to Jesus week of practice after getting fortunate turnovers (they forced some, but they also got some) vs OCath.  They knew if they did that to the Red Devils, they could never go to the supermarkets in Owensboro again for the laughing stocks!

I give them alot of credit.  They brought their A game and challenged O.  Good for them.  Can they beat Henderson County to win the district?  I think they can, but I wouldn't call them the favorite in that game.

For Owensboro, you still won.

Was it what you wanted?  Nope.  Is this the playoffs?  District?  Nope.

With your schedule, you needed DC to step up and make you uncomfortable.  This will help you ALOT!  The coaches can grill the team on the things they weren't focused on, which is real and something I said coming out of the X game.  They just expected to 50 Burger DC and move on.  Could they have?  Yes, but they needed to be focused to do it.  They came in and just expected it to happen.

Coach Fallon and company will earn their money now.  Using this game to prepare for the playoffs is really important, as 50 Burgers are in the forecast at least up to Hendo.

Remember you got RPI points for beating a 6A team tonight!  Onward.

• Like 5

DC was content running clock all night.  I never thought they cared as much about winning as keeping it close.  Once O knew their defense would hold solid, they went conservative as well and were content to win.  Carbon with 175 and 1.