CovCath at Highlands Predictions

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CovCath by 10-12.........The Birds just aren't very good. They have no scoring on this team and imo they will be lucky to keep it within 10.

I can only wish..... Playing in what is called a gym (it looks like one of the gyms, that they might have used in the movie Hoosiers) at Highlands, the game will be much closer that a 10-12 point win by CovCath. HHS will be out to not only to avenge last year loss in the Ninth Region, but to redeem it's senior class of two losses to CovCath on the Football field. Close game, too close to call.....

Note: only the Football team, do I Honor, for being "The Team from Ft. Thomas" .....:thumb:

How about you give us some evidence on why Highlands should not be an underdog rather than an empty statement like that.

Highlands' gym is like the Twilight Zone, especially when CovCath comes to town. Some really, really weird things happen there. On a neutral court CovCath wins by 30. This game probably CovCath by 10 and the score in the 50's to 40's. Someone from Highlands please tell me who came up to fill the shoes of Vories, Guidugli and Johnson. Mr. Simpson will know all too well what steady dose of Michael Grimes can do to his game.

Highlands' gym is like the Twilight Zone, especially when CovCath comes to town. Some really, really weird things happen there. On a neutral court CovCath wins by 30. This game probably CovCath by 10 and the score in the 50's to 40's. Someone from Highlands please tell me who came up to fill the shoes of Vories, Guidugli and Johnson. Mr. Simpson will know all too well what steady dose of Michael Grimes can do to his game.

Agreed on all accounts, but still no evidence of HHS as the favorite.

Vories and Johnson were good players. Guidugli was effective but by no means a star. Last years team was good but certainly not special. The players filling the shoes this year are very inexperienced. Everyone knows that Mcgraw and Simpson were the only underclassmen to see the floor. Willie is paying for that this season. The problem was and is an unequality in the classes at HHS. Willies 1st year, no senior(not his fault) the following year 6 seniors (good) but no juniors ever play (bad). This season inexperinced seniors(bad) and 8 yes 8 juniors (very bad). Next year is a disaster with 8 seniors. The underclassmen again will see no time and this has become a nightmarish cycle.

Agreed on all accounts, but still no evidence of HHS as the favorite.

Because they are Highlands, and CovCath plays them in a gym that cantstop85 nailed as "like the Twilight Zone, especially when CovCath comes to town". This is a perfect game, as is the next game against Boone County on the road, for CovCath to get upset. With Holmes and Cov Holy Cross up after these two games on the road, the Colonels will need to remember one game at a time and not think that both the Bluebirds and Rebels will roll over and play dead because they play a team with CovCath Colonels on their jerseys.

How about you give us some evidence on why Highlands should not be an underdog rather than an empty statement like that.

I wasn't saying that they shouldn't be the underdog, or should be the underdog. I was just going for the Underdog! It seems like most that have posted put them as the underdog by 10 or more. I was basically just wishing them luck in my empty statement! :eek:

CovCath wins in a laugher! "Crunch hit the nail on the head about the program. It's a mess. Too many kids not seeing time and with no explanations...and the JV program is evcn worse. If you're not seeing 2 full quarters of time on the Varsity...ya need to be getting game minutes at the JV level. Let the Freshman develop at the freshman level and reward them with a move up at the end. I could see a couple of "disgruntled" players pack it in by Feb.