Dayton High School New Stadium

• theguru changed the title to Dayton new stadium?
On 6/2/2022 at 2:55 PM, dshoe40 said:

Anyone hear that Dayton is trying to buy the land between the grade school and high school and build a new football stadium?

I sure hope not. Call me nostalgic, but I like those old stadiums. Dayton's stands and field has its problems, much like Newport is running into now, but I would hate to see such a stadium fall into ruin. I love coaching there. It's a diamond, not well cut and shiny like you'd put on ring, but a diamond nonetheless.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Yes, heard this was something being considered by a good source. Personally, I hope it isn’t true and consider Davis Field a great place to watch football. They could do more to the field itself though.

The source I heard from said that there has been discussion to get the few older houses and trailers on the street between the high school parking lots, the rest of the area between both schools, the block on Clay Street directly straight above the high school, and the old printing business behind Lincoln Elementary’s gym. 

Again, this isn’t an official plan that I’m aware of, but this was what I heard. If this did happen, I could see a new football stadium and possibly more being done. Guess we will see what happens over time.

On 6/7/2022 at 8:24 AM, HedgeHog8 said:

I sure hope not. Call me nostalgic, but I like those old stadiums. Dayton's stands and field has its problems, much like Newport is running into now, but I would hate to see such a stadium fall into ruin. I love coaching there. It's a diamond, not well cut and shiny like you'd put on ring, but a diamond nonetheless.

I consider myself kind of nostalgic too. I really like the older stadiums, and considering that Davis Field is the oldest high school stadium actively being played in in Kentucky.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

I, for one, believe that if they do build a new field...they MUST keep the cut off corner end zone. I've coached so many games there and the kids I coached were always amazed and looked forward to seeing that. 

The first year in NKY after moving down from Michigan I went to a Beechwood game at Dayton. Walking around to the stands I came upon “The Corner”. I have never seen anything like it. I sent pictures back to my friends in Michigan and they had a hard time believing it. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BrosefStalin said:

I, for one, believe that if they do build a new field...they MUST keep the cut off corner end zone. I've coached so many games there and the kids I coached were always amazed and looked forward to seeing that. 

The corner of the end zone there is definitely one of its interesting and more cool features of the stadium. One thing that I miss is the old wood fence going around the sideline further across from the seating. I’m sure it was taken down and replaced with chain link fence more for safety purposes, but the old wood fencing gave it even more of a nostalgic feel.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Aside from the turf field and plaza, there are plans for two entrances, one on 3rd Avenue and another on Greendevil Drive. They also will be including a field house and fitness center. I believe there’s plans for a little more, which isn’t official outside of what I mentioned.

26179ED5-2B90-4168-BE00-2000BA3BFCE0.jpeg