Cutter Boley transfers to Lexington Christian Academy

1 hour ago, BrosefStalin said:

How does this effect upcoming senior star Drew Nieves? 

Great question. It said in the article that Boley plans to play the next two years for LCA then go to a prep school. I’m sure he didn’t transfer to play one year at Q. 

3 minutes ago, DearToday said:

Great question. It said in the article that Boley plans to play the next two years for LCA then go to a prep school. I’m sure he didn’t transfer to play one year at Q. 

I have a feeling that a QB who is 22 and 3 (I know Nieves missed a few games last year-not exactly sure how many) and has led his team to two state championships games didn't take a COVID year to sit the bench, move positions or pass his job off to a player who is transferring in from a different school. 

I wonder about this one ... The above quote is going to be hard to get around. Is LCA going with this because they know they have a solid QB ...and if Boley can get in , then they will deal with it? Meaning LCA's best play is welcoming Boley with open arms because they doubt he can get in (especially after the above quote in the first post) knowing that Nieves will still most likely be the QB?

I also think this will be a great test of ethics and integrity for the program overall. I know kids get over things quickly ... But Nieves has served LCA as a true warrior over the past few years ... Overall a pretty interesting question. 

No offense but those 4-5 D1 offers mean very little in the grand scheme of a high school season. Especially when you already have a proven winner at the helm.

In regard to the "interesting comments" by Boley:

Sadly, I think there are a lot of people who would be disappointed around the state if they knew how above board and how diligent LCA handles transfers from everything I have observed and heard. 

I have no real connection to the program, but I can tell you from my first hand experience I have been fortunate enough to have, that LCA is a first class program and school.

It is clear the Boley family planned to move their son to a different school and a school that gave him the best chance to be successful (more than just football) and as a result they were doing their diligence to see where that school would be. If you are one of those schools, what else can you do but welcome them in?

Furthermore, as a parent... I can't say I see anything the Boley family did that I wouldn't do myself. If it were my son or daughter I would want to meet as many people involved with the school I was looking at and where my child would be spending as much time, if not more, than they would under my roof to make sure I find the best fit.

TLDR.. I know... but in summation I take no exception or raise no eyebrow to what Boley commented.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ATLCat said:

In regard to the "interesting comments" by Boley:

Sadly, I think there are a lot of people who would be disappointed around the state if they knew how above board and how diligent LCA handles transfers from everything I have observed and heard. 

I have no real connection to the program, but I can tell you from my first hand experience I have been fortunate enough to have, that LCA is a first class program and school.

It is clear the Boley family planned to move their son to a different school and a school that gave him the best chance to be successful (more than just football) and as a result they were doing their diligence to see where that school would be. If you are one of those schools, what else can you do but welcome them in?

Furthermore, as a parent... I can't say I see anything the Boley family did that I wouldn't do myself. If it were my son or daughter I would want to meet as many people involved with the school I was looking at and where my child would be spending as much time, if not more, than they would under my roof to make sure I find the best fit.

TLDR.. I know... but in summation I take no exception or raise no eyebrow to what Boley commented.

I get what you’re saying, but how do you rule anyone else ineligible if this kid basically says “yeah we were courted met all the coaches seemed like a good fit for us”. This is high school, not college. That stuff is supposed to be illegal. If he gets eligible then they need to roll on with the one free transfer rule because I don’t see how else you rule any other kids inelgible. 

• Like 2