Notre Dame 78 Louisville 62

letabrotherspeak

11 straight road losses for the Cardinals. Been alomost a year to date since they have won a road game.

Something like 13 straight losses to ranked teams.

21-17 in their last 38 games.

This is year 6 of the Pitino Era...not trying to flame...but is this what you expected from a Pitino-coached team who has recently said "UL will not be out of the 25 anymore."?

He won't be able to keep this up, we all know that. He'll resign before he gets fired... And if he doesn't make the tournament again this year, he'll start feeling the seat warm up a little bit.

If the passion isn't there anymore, why stay? And I'm a HUGE Pitino fan.

He won't be able to keep this up, we all know that. He'll resign before he gets fired... And if he doesn't make the tournament again this year, he'll start feeling the seat warm up a little bit.

If the passion isn't there anymore, why stay? And I'm a HUGE Pitino fan.

How is the seat not already warm?

The way I see it... If he was at Kentucky having these same results, he would be out of a job right now. Louisville, while a storied program, is not used to the same success that Kentucky is. Pitino's mediocrity can fly a little longer in the 'Ville than it could in Lexington... Nothing against the Louisville program or anything... That's just how it looks to me.

The way I see it... If he was at Kentucky having these same results, he would be out of a job right now. Louisville, while a storied program, is not used to the same success that Kentucky is. Pitino's mediocrity can fly a little longer in the 'Ville than it could in Lexington... Nothing against the Louisville program or anything... That's just how it looks to me.

:thumb:

I think that's exactly the case...Louisville is traditionally a basketball school, but as you said they haven't had the success that the UK program and the people around it are used to. Thus creating a less-hostile fan base in terms of the condition the program is in right now.

:thumb:

I think that's exactly the case...Louisville is traditionally a basketball school, but as you said they haven't had the success that the UK program and the people around it are used to. Thus creating a less-hostile fan base in terms of the condition the program is in right now.

Louisville's football success has kept some off his back thus far this season IMO. Will be interesting to see how hot his seat gets.

Granted they are different sports but I think that Pitino and Parcells have the same problems going on right now. They have both proven to be one of the best in their respected careers but both seem to be straying away from what got them there. That being the fire and intensity they brought to the game. I don't blame them for it but it's sad to see that kind of passion go away.