Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Mayfield

Featured Replies

I have someone reliable who told me Morris is waiting on the opportunity to talk to his players about his retirement. Hasn't been able to get because of all the complications from the tornadoes.

The job was posted so the hire could be finalized asap.

  • Replies 139
  • Views 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • snakesnot_2000
    snakesnot_2000

    I'm hearing he's retiring from the school system and applying for the job. Think he'll get it?  

  • I understand the sentiment with this post, however if Coach Morris does indeed leave, I would say this is a decision that was made well before the tornados hit. 

  • gcbleedblue
    gcbleedblue

    From what I was told today, Mayfield has made a sweet offer in terms of money for Coach Morris.    I fully expect him to be back on the sideline next year. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TylerDurden said:

I have someone reliable who told me Morris is waiting on the opportunity to talk to his players about his retirement. Hasn't been able to get because of all the complications from the tornadoes.

The job was posted so the hire could be finalized asap.

Talk about his retirement, or his "retirement"?

1 minute ago, Voice of Reason said:

Talk about his retirement, or his "retirement"?

About the fact that he will not be the Mayfield head football coach any longer.

9 minutes ago, TylerDurden said:

About the fact that he will not be the Mayfield head football coach any longer.

shocked-covers-mouth.gif

There is definitely conflicting information flowing through the back channels. 

5 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

This is who I will listen to and believe on Coach Morris and the Mayfield job.

I just go with a source but they could be wrong. If it's not Coach Morris , I think it's going to be Coach Dew, I would be shocked if anyone else gets the job.

South Gibson High School is looking for a head football coach as of December 15th...that's about 90 minutes south of Mayfield. They've made it to the 4A quarterfinals the last two years in a row.

Also head coaching jobs out there at Milan HS in Gibson County, and at both Montgomery Central HS & Northeast HS in the Clarksville area.

Just thinking out loud, but that opportunity would allow for Coach Morris to collect his Kentucky retirement and still get full salaries for teaching and coaching both in Tennessee.

11 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

South Gibson High School is looking for a head football coach as of December 15th...that's about 90 minutes south of Mayfield. They've made it to the 4A quarterfinals the last two years in a row.

Just thinking out loud, but that opportunity would allow for Coach Morris to collect his Kentucky retirement and still get full salaries for teaching and coaching both in Tennessee.

Milan is looking for a Head Coach as well. 

6 minutes ago, WKY_Football said:

Milan is looking for a Head Coach as well. 

Just was adding that into my post...along with a couple of jobs in Clarksville, which is closer to 2 hours from Mayfield.

42 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

South Gibson High School is looking for a head football coach as of December 15th...that's about 90 minutes south of Mayfield. They've made it to the 4A quarterfinals the last two years in a row.

Also head coaching jobs out there at Milan HS in Gibson County, and at both Montgomery Central HS & Northeast HS in the Clarksville area.

Just thinking out loud, but that opportunity would allow for Coach Morris to collect his Kentucky retirement and still get full salaries for teaching and coaching both in Tennessee.

That would be hard to turn down. Essentially making 6 figures (retirement plus new salary) to coach football at a powerhouse in TN. I’m sure with his resume many schools would set him up with a pretty good gig between 8-3. 

I understand the retirement part here, but I have a hard time believing Coach Morris would leave the team and community after the disaster that just hit Mayfield. If so, its a pretty tough thing for those kids and community to be hit with right now. Just a tough blow all around if he leaves. 

11 hours ago, GC-Dragons said:

I understand the retirement part here, but I have a hard time believing Coach Morris would leave the team and community after the disaster that just hit Mayfield. If so, its a pretty tough thing for those kids and community to be hit with right now. Just a tough blow all around if he leaves. 

I understand the sentiment with this post, however if Coach Morris does indeed leave, I would say this is a decision that was made well before the tornados hit. 

5 hours ago, okie1 said:

I understand the sentiment with this post, however if Coach Morris does indeed leave, I would say this is a decision that was made well before the tornados hit. 

I 100 percent believe this decision would have been made well in advance of the tornados that hit the area, but can't see him leaving the kids and the community now with all that has happened. Either way, he is one of the best coaches in the state of Kentucky, and has earned the right to leave when he believes its the right time for him. 

On 1/3/2022 at 1:48 PM, theguru said:
6 hours ago, okie1 said:

I understand the sentiment with this post, however if Coach Morris does indeed leave, I would say this is a decision that was made well before the tornados hit. 

 

On December 9th, the day before the tornado and our only home basketball game so far, I was sitting next to Coach Morris.  After we had discussed and solved most of the worlds' problems, I asked him if he was going to be back next year.  He paused for a good while and then successfully deflected by asking me what I thought about the job Sam Pittman was doing for the Razorbacks. That was a tangent I could get into and off we went into Arkansas football.  

Interpreting silence is pretty tricky, but at the time I felt like there was going to be change.  Not sure what it was going to be, but with the posting of the job it's now a certainty that something is going to be different.  Until he says different it is my hope that he'll be coach of the Cardinals next year.  If he is the coach next year, I'll be ecstatic, but surprisingly-even to myself, it's not all about football.  He means a lot to this community. It's in the countless hours spent at the gym (shelter) after the tornado and it's in the way that teenage boys stand taller when Coach Joe is around.  

On 1/4/2022 at 3:50 PM, WKY_Football said:

Milan is looking for a Head Coach as well. 

Just to add a little more drama for you guys, his wife is from Milan and his cousin Jeff was the long time head football coach at Milan until a couple years ago when he retired.  Lots of family ties there and a traditional TN contender that is only about an hour from Mayfield.  Give Joe a chance and it will all come out in the wash and it will all be fine.  

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.