Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Mayfield

Featured Replies

As long as it is taking, no doubt it's Morris coming back to coach just not teach and or its someone already there with the same play book and mind set.  If someone comes in from outside with a whole new approach it would set them back this upcoming season or so.

  • Replies 139
  • Views 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • snakesnot_2000
    snakesnot_2000

    I'm hearing he's retiring from the school system and applying for the job. Think he'll get it?  

  • I understand the sentiment with this post, however if Coach Morris does indeed leave, I would say this is a decision that was made well before the tornados hit. 

  • gcbleedblue
    gcbleedblue

    From what I was told today, Mayfield has made a sweet offer in terms of money for Coach Morris.    I fully expect him to be back on the sideline next year. 

Posted Images

Mayfield is holding out as long as possible for Joe to change his mind and stay on board.  If he doesn't it will be Hatchell or Dew and the formula stays the same.  

When will the 90 days be up?  That will be when a decision on Joe will be made!

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

The 1st week of April is going to be interesting in Mayfield Kentucky.

Why is that?

Big news coming on the coach I am sure, a deal has been made.

 

5 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

The 1st week of April is going to be interesting in Mayfield Kentucky.

 

3 hours ago, zoneblitz24 said:

Why is that?

90 days after Morris retired.

Joe Morris will be the head football coach at Mayfield this upcoming fall.  Mayfield is waiting on his 90 day retirement period to end.  Joe is waiting for his 90 day to end and a fat offer of cash.  Mayfield has waited too long to bring in a fresh face.  

Per WYMC and the Mayfield Independent school board, Joe Morris will be the Athletic Director and the Head Football coach. 

He may never quit coaching unless they start losing. HA

On 3/25/2022 at 8:09 PM, snakesnot_2000 said:

Per WYMC and the Mayfield Independent school board, Joe Morris will be the Athletic Director and the Head Football coach. 

Is this a done deal?  Is there an official press release?

22 minutes ago, theguru said:

Is this a done deal?  Is there an official press release?

I don't think the 90 days have passed yet. They may not be able to do anything official till the 90 days are up. 

49 minutes ago, theguru said:

Is this a done deal?  Is there an official press release?

As far as I know it is. My wife heard on the radio. They said Joe Morris was going to be the Athletic Director and the Head Coach. I don't think there is going to be any fanfare with this.

I would like to announce that the new Head Football Coach at Mayfield is Joe Morris.  Morris was a ununanimous choice by the school board and he brings a very impressive resume.  Morris was also named as the new AD.  I think they made a good choice and the program should be in good hands.  ?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.