Open Job: Mayfield

Bamafootball

1 hour ago, Cary Grant said:

Have any other coaches in Western Ky come out and expressed interest in this job?  He is also the AD, has this job been posted as well? 

No need. If Coach Morris is done then that job is staying in house with either Dew or Hatchell. 

15 minutes ago, WKY_Football said:

No need. If Coach Morris is done then that job is staying in house with either Dew or Hatchell. 

100% will and it should.  As the old saying goes, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

I'm not sure the last time Mayfield ever made an outside hire, but they don’t need to start now.

• Like 1

If the change happens..... I ask one questions......what is the average length of a head coach's tenure at mayfield???  With question in  mind....you look at Dew and Hatchell for the in house hire...one candidate is wishful thinking and his friends on this thread should be thanked for their loyalty.   The other candidate clearly has the shelf life to be the next head coach for a Long Long time.     Another thing to consider....how many coaches on Mayfields staff has head coaching experience???  There are a few floating around, however if they all choose to throw their hats in the ring, that would fracture the staff and could doom the empire.  SO it is my  hunch..... that if there is a coaching change.... that decision has been made...and others will not be interviewed or even allowed to apply.  

I am blown away that Hatchell was considered an after thought. Is this because he would not want it? Because his resume is remarkable. When he took over calling offense and changed what Mayfield had been doing for over 100 years basically, it seems things starting clicking and by clicking I mean back to back to back to back to back championships. Of course I am just an older Graves guy and might have a soft spot for our old QB. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gcbleedblue said:

I am blown away that Hatchell was considered an after thought. Is this because he would not want it? Because his resume is remarkable. When he took over calling offense and changed what Mayfield had been doing for over 100 years basically, it seems things starting clicking and by clicking I mean back to back to back to back to back championships. Of course I am just an older Graves guy and might have a soft spot for our old QB. 

I think the job if not coach Morris will be Hatchell's. hatchell being an afterthought would be wishful thinking for those in the camp of coach dew.  Hatchell has one word....LONGEVITY!   Coach dew is in his twilight.....how long til he can retire?   Hatchell has 20 years maybe 25 left in him!

On 1/9/2022 at 8:54 AM, Stepchild68 said:

If the change happens..... I ask one questions......what is the average length of a head coach's tenure at mayfield???  With question in  mind....you look at Dew and Hatchell for the in house hire...one candidate is wishful thinking and his friends on this thread should be thanked for their loyalty.   The other candidate clearly has the shelf life to be the next head coach for a Long Long time.     Another thing to consider....how many coaches on Mayfields staff has head coaching experience???  There are a few floating around, however if they all choose to throw their hats in the ring, that would fracture the staff and could doom the empire.  SO it is my  hunch..... that if there is a coaching change.... that decision has been made...and others will not be interviewed or even allowed to apply.  

Two coaches have experience, 1  Cliff Dew and 2 Mike Rogers, the only coach to consistently beat Joe Morris he did it at Graves he did it at Warren Central and I think he did it at Paducah Tilghman, if he didn’t he got close at PT.

15 hours ago, Tracy House said:

Two coaches have experience, 1  Cliff Dew and 2 Mike Rogers, the only coach to consistently beat Joe Morris he did it at Graves he did it at Warren Central and I think he did it at Paducah Tilghman, if he didn’t he got close at PT.

Mayfield running the wing-t? Yeah that isn't happening. I think Rogers is a good coach, but I could never see that happening. I just don't see that as a good fit for both parties.

Pretty crazy that staff Joe has assembled. Dew, Hatchell, Rogers. Basically 4 head coaches on staff.