Open Job: Mayfield

Bamafootball

I'm a bit late to the thread...  I've received mixed words coming out of Mayfield.  It has been said, more than once, Coach Morris was retiring and Coach Hatchell (OC) is next in line 🤫. Whether that happens this fall or in 5 years is still a mystery. Why five you ask... Coach Morris' youngest is in 7th grade.  

2 hours ago, theguru said:

I did just have someone else hit me up (that should know) and tell me Coach Morris is going to stay on as head football coach.  

Hopefully everyone is willing to go on the record here on BGP, I really have no idea what to think at this point. 

I think you have good sources. 

7 minutes ago, Socially Distanced said:

I think you have good sources. 

Most of the time.

In this case all the cloak and dagger stuff makes me think something is changing.  If there wasn't going to be a change the powers that be at Mayfield would put it to rest. 

• Like 1

Well, I believe in the current KERS CERS or Hazardous Retirement System one has to retire and cannot return for 90 days. If he chooses to reapply  I am sure he can be rejected, however my guess is he is rehired. I told y’all he was stepping down I didn’t tell you he might step up, but Coach Morris could coach anywhere any state.

1 hour ago, FB Head said:

I'm a bit late to the thread...  I've received mixed words coming out of Mayfield.  It has been said, more than once, Coach Morris was retiring and Coach Hatchell (OC) is next in line 🤫. Whether that happens this fall or in 5 years is still a mystery. Why five you ask... Coach Morris' youngest is in 7th grade.  

Coach Hatchell  will not be the one.

8 minutes ago, theguru said:

Is Mayfield back in school yet?

Not yet.  Planning to start back the 10th.

My opinion:  The next coach will be named Morris.  Might be Joe, Jack, Abram.  Only thing I'm sure of is if we get a Morris named Chad it's time to move.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CardinalHog said:

Not yet.  Planning to start back the 10th.

My opinion:  The next coach will be named Morris.  Might be Joe, Jack, Abram.  Only thing I'm sure of is if we get a Morris named Chad it's time to move.

Thanks, I would think the 10th would be the first day we may get some real information on this coaching situation. 

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Most of the time.

In this case all the cloak and dagger stuff makes me think something is changing.  If there wasn't going to be a change the powers that be at Mayfield would put it to rest. 

Can they though? If he has to retire then don’t they have to (at least pretend) post the job, take in applicants, and then make a hire? I’m not sure just questioning. And if that’s the case then I would think they can’t legally say “he’s retiring, but don’t worry he he will be rehired.” 

Just now, gcbleedblue said:

Can they though? If he has to retire then don’t they have to (at least pretend) post the job, take in applicants, and then make a hire? I’m not sure just questioning. And if that’s the case then I would think they can’t legally say “he’s retiring, but don’t worry he he will be rehired.” 

Who knows what rules the schools come up with but no matter what the "rule" is a little transparency would go a long way here. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, theguru said:

Who knows what rules the schools come up with but no matter what the "rule" is a little transparency would go a long way here. 

It’s made it’s way to social media in Mayfield/Graves County. Mayfield fans seem to be having some fun with it. So my gut tells me he is staying and it’s all formality and those close to the program know, but probably instructed not to say. This is purely speculation. If this was a real retire they’d be making posts a lot more heartfelt than what they are posting. 

2 minutes ago, gcbleedblue said:

It’s made it’s way to social media in Mayfield/Graves County. Mayfield fans seem to be having some fun with it. So my gut tells me he is staying and it’s all formality and those close to the program know, but probably instructed not to say. This is purely speculation. If this was a real retire they’d be making posts a lot more heartfelt than what they are posting. 

Or maybe very few people know the truth. 🤷‍♀️

8 hours ago, theguru said:

Or maybe very few people know the truth. 🤷‍♀️

There are far more arrows pointing at this just being a formality rather than a actual opening. Who knows, I'm sure more info is coming. 

My guess is that if he was actually retiring there would be much more of a lead up/ appreciation. Something along the lines of what Coach K is getting at Duke this year 😆