Open Job: Mayfield

Bamafootball

• theguru changed the title to Mayfield HC Job is Posted?
35 minutes ago, Bamafootball said:

Was sent this today? 

6ABF6AFC-254C-4168-85F9-C8D30727B1DA.jpeg

Well, the job is officially posted....is it official that Coach Morris is retiring? Or is this Coach Morris retiring from teaching the coming back just to coach? Or is this a school district that goes through the paces of officially opening the job every year as a formality?

https://mayfield.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=1484

Lots of questions to be answered right now I suppose.  Hate to see Mayfield lose its head coach after having lost so much as a community this month.  This is of course coming from a guy who lives 5 hours away, with no knowledge of the program aside from its rich history. 

• Like 1

Not too sure.  22 years of coaching will wear a man out.  I suspect he is legitimately done and they will hire within.  That’s just my guess.  It appears things have been setup over the last few years for a smooth transition.  We shall see.

• theguru changed the title to Open Job: Mayfield
5 minutes ago, theguru said:

What do we know about Coach Dew?

Cliff Dew. Teaches at Mayfield Elementary. He's the DC right now, and the linebacker & Oline coach.

Started at Mayfield in the early 00s, left for a head coach spot in Mississippi for a couple of years and came back to Mayfield in '09 or '10. He's from Mississippi originally. Played foosball at Ole Miss.

• Thanks 1