Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Mayfield

Featured Replies

3 minutes ago, TylerDurden said:

Cliff Dew. Teaches at Mayfield Elementary. He's the DC right now, and the linebacker & Oline coach.

Started at Mayfield in the early 00s, left for a head coach spot in Mississippi for a couple of years and came back to Mayfield in '09 or '10. He's from Mississippi originally. Played foosball at Ole Miss.

 

  • Replies 139
  • Views 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • snakesnot_2000
    snakesnot_2000

    I'm hearing he's retiring from the school system and applying for the job. Think he'll get it?  

  • I understand the sentiment with this post, however if Coach Morris does indeed leave, I would say this is a decision that was made well before the tornados hit. 

  • gcbleedblue
    gcbleedblue

    From what I was told today, Mayfield has made a sweet offer in terms of money for Coach Morris.    I fully expect him to be back on the sideline next year. 

Posted Images

Here is an old thread of interest:

 

6 minutes ago, theguru said:

 

Lol

"It's the brain pain coach."

On 12/31/2021 at 8:50 AM, Cary Grant said:

Rumors were strong the last two years that he was going to retire. Maybe he will land somewhere else in another state? He is a proven winner and has the right to do it his way! Great football family! 

 

On 12/31/2021 at 10:09 AM, snakesnot_2000 said:

I'm hearing he's retiring from the school system and applying for the job. Think he'll get it?

 

4 hours ago, BadaBing said:

Not too sure.  22 years of coaching will wear a man out.  I suspect he is legitimately done and they will hire within.  That’s just my guess.  It appears things have been setup over the last few years for a smooth transition.  We shall see.

2 hours ago, Socially Distanced said:

A program that good for that long has to have a couple assistants that are ready and have been waiting for their chance. 

I agree a change is coming be it will be a hire from within. 

30 minutes ago, TylerDurden said:

This is coach Dew's job if he wants it.


So are we hearing anything from anyone reliable about whether or not this job is OPEN open?

4 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

 


So are we hearing anything from anyone reliable about whether or not this job is OPEN open?

OPEN open?

1 minute ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:


Versus CLOSED open, or SLIGHTLY AJAR open.

img.gif?width=980

Reading the tea leaves in private messages the overwhelming feeling is the Mayfield job is OPEN open. 

Nothing definitive, but the rumor mill for the last several months has been that Joe would retire from teaching and apply for the head coaching position.  The only way he isn't a lock to get it would be if he changes his mind-a possibility, or more interestingly, if his dad decides to come out of retirement to try to even up his state title deficit. < ok -admittedly I'm the only one with that scenario, but it would be fun.  

9 minutes ago, theguru said:

Reading the tea leaves in private messages the overwhelming feeling is the Mayfield job is OPEN open. 

I'm getting the same feeling based on what I've heard from the limited amount I've beat the bushes.

8 minutes ago, CardinalHog said:

Nothing definitive, but the rumor mill for the last several months has been that Joe would retire from teaching and apply for the head coaching position.  The only way he isn't a lock to get it would be if he changes his mind-a possibility, or more interestingly, if his dad decides to come out of retirement to try to even up his state title deficit. < ok -admittedly I'm the only one with that scenario, but it would be fun.  

Sure would be cool to see how an old school coach like that would stack up nowdays, wouldn't it??

17 minutes ago, theguru said:

Reading the tea leaves in private messages the overwhelming feeling is the Mayfield job is OPEN open. 

 

10 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I'm getting the same feeling based on what I've heard from the limited amount I've beat the bushes.

I did just have someone else hit me up (that should know) and tell me Coach Morris is going to stay on as head football coach.  

Hopefully everyone is willing to go on the record here on BGP, I really have no idea what to think at this point. 

46 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I'm getting the same feeling based on what I've heard from the limited amount I've beat the bushes.

Based on what I've heard and whom I've heard it from, I think the Cardinals are going to have a new head coach in 2022.

1 hour ago, Mayfieldsportsfan said:

Screenshot_20220103-145204_Twitter.jpg

That comes across as I have a secret but I am not sharing. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.