Open Job: Mayfield

Bamafootball

3 minutes ago, TylerDurden said:

Cliff Dew. Teaches at Mayfield Elementary. He's the DC right now, and the linebacker & Oline coach.

Started at Mayfield in the early 00s, left for a head coach spot in Mississippi for a couple of years and came back to Mayfield in '09 or '10. He's from Mississippi originally. Played foosball at Ole Miss.

On 12/31/2021 at 8:50 AM, Cary Grant said:

Rumors were strong the last two years that he was going to retire. Maybe he will land somewhere else in another state? He is a proven winner and has the right to do it his way! Great football family! 

On 12/31/2021 at 10:09 AM, snakesnot_2000 said:

I'm hearing he's retiring from the school system and applying for the job. Think he'll get it?

4 hours ago, BadaBing said:

Not too sure.  22 years of coaching will wear a man out.  I suspect he is legitimately done and they will hire within.  That’s just my guess.  It appears things have been setup over the last few years for a smooth transition.  We shall see.

2 hours ago, Socially Distanced said:

A program that good for that long has to have a couple assistants that are ready and have been waiting for their chance. 

I agree a change is coming be it will be a hire from within. 

30 minutes ago, TylerDurden said:

This is coach Dew's job if he wants it.

So are we hearing anything from anyone reliable about whether or not this job is OPEN open?

Nothing definitive, but the rumor mill for the last several months has been that Joe would retire from teaching and apply for the head coaching position.  The only way he isn't a lock to get it would be if he changes his mind-a possibility, or more interestingly, if his dad decides to come out of retirement to try to even up his state title deficit. < ok -admittedly I'm the only one with that scenario, but it would be fun.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CardinalHog said:

Nothing definitive, but the rumor mill for the last several months has been that Joe would retire from teaching and apply for the head coaching position.  The only way he isn't a lock to get it would be if he changes his mind-a possibility, or more interestingly, if his dad decides to come out of retirement to try to even up his state title deficit. < ok -admittedly I'm the only one with that scenario, but it would be fun.  

Sure would be cool to see how an old school coach like that would stack up nowdays, wouldn't it??

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, theguru said:

Reading the tea leaves in private messages the overwhelming feeling is the Mayfield job is OPEN open. 

10 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I'm getting the same feeling based on what I've heard from the limited amount I've beat the bushes.

I did just have someone else hit me up (that should know) and tell me Coach Morris is going to stay on as head football coach.  

Hopefully everyone is willing to go on the record here on BGP, I really have no idea what to think at this point.