Thoughts on Brian Kelly?

Voice of Reason

On 12/2/2021 at 9:17 AM, Voice of Reason said:

Kelly on Dan Patrick show yesterday was asked if he would have left ND if the Irish were ranked third. He wouldn't say yes or no. Just said that's a tough question, but the fact is ND is not ranked #3 so no need to answer. 

My issue is not Kelly leaving. My issue is when he did it with ND still having a chance at the playoff.

Wouldn't it be amazing if somehow Notre Dame got into the playoff and won a national title? Kelly leaves because he wants to win a national title and then they win one without him. That would be karma.

That would be amazing if that happened! Which I’m not sure if they will make it in. However, if they were to make it in.  They probably would have a better chance this year to at least compete in the playoffs compared to previous years. While Georgia is very good, I don’t think they are as good as some of the other top playoff teams from previous years. So if Notre Dame did find a way to get in, they may have a better chance to actually compete this year. 

36 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Watching how the ND players and staff are reacting to Marcus Freeman being named HC, I think it might be safe to say that ND has won this whole exchange. 

Freeman has coached exactly zero games for the Irish. It all comes down to the wins and losses.

• Like 2

I'm glad what for what Kelly did for the Irish program.  As a fan I remember the end of the awful Charlie Weiss era where the team lost to Connecticut.  I was shocked he left, and am not a fan of the timing, but until the NCAA fixes the early signing period this is what it is.

As a person, though, I haven't found too many people that like the guy and it's telling that his assistants are staying at Notre Dame as opposed to coming with him to LSU.

• Like 2

On 12/1/2021 at 11:35 AM, ChickenWyngz said:

I'm not even sure how outside of a shot it is. I could see Alabama, OkSt, Michigan and even UC as possibly losing this weekend. They have a decent shot at the playoff really. 

How does the NCAA fix it? Move signing period? You can put "restrictions" on when coaches can be contacted, but it's not going to stop AD's and agents from talking. 

Side note for the locals: I see UC winning, but it wouldn't be a huge upset if they lost. 

Teams to lose and have UC and ND make for sure:

OkSt:  

Michigan: TBD

Alabama: TBD

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

On this date in 2009, Brian Kelly's wife Paqui woke up in Cincinnati to find their house had been egged overnight, some 10 days after Brian's announcement as head coach of Notre Dame University's football program and immediate departure from the Cincinnati Bearcats football program for South Bend.

That is all.

Details regarding this incident are scrambled.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Brad White turns down chance to leave UK for LSU. This LSU/Brian Kelly situation gets better by the day!

GO CATS!!!

Yes, I heard Stoops talk about that a little on the UK Athletics RedCross telethon. Stoops broke the news on the telethon that White was Staying. Not only did Brad White turn them down he donated his entire bowl bonus to the redcross.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...