Thoughts on Brian Kelly?

Voice of Reason

4 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

Also, it speaks volumes that none of the former assistants he's tried to poach and take to Baton Rouge have worked out. Freeman, Rees, Balis, McNulty, Elston and Alford (tOSU) are all staying put... for now.

I will be interested to see if any current players at ND or recruits follow that lead and turn their back on Kelly......

1 minute ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I will be interested to see if any current players at ND or recruits follow that lead and turn their back on Kelly......

I don't think Kelly is very active on the recruiting trail. His assistants do the heavy lifting. Keeping the rest of the staff intact and promoting Freeman should help Notre Dame hang on to their commits, or at least the overwhelming majority of them. I don't think this will be a Lincoln Riley situation with Oklahoma commits decommiting.

• Like 1

At the end of the day you have to do what is right for you and your family. 12 years is a long time in any job anymore so I get the moving on aspect. I think ND needs to be in a conference and until they are, you won't really have the competitive advantage of any power 5 school. He is getting to the point in his career that if he wants to really leave a legacy, he has to win the championship and his best shot at that is in the SEC. I don't like the fact that any of these coaches leave before their seasons are actually over but that unfortunately is a loophole that doesn't look like it will ever be fixed.

• Like 1

Kelly on Dan Patrick show yesterday was asked if he would have left ND if the Irish were ranked third. He wouldn't say yes or no. Just said that's a tough question, but the fact is ND is not ranked #3 so no need to answer. 

My issue is not Kelly leaving. My issue is when he did it with ND still having a chance at the playoff.

Wouldn't it be amazing if somehow Notre Dame got into the playoff and won a national title? Kelly leaves because he wants to win a national title and then they win one without him. That would be karma.

10 hours ago, The Raven said:

Yeah, that was worse than James Vanderbeeks Jon Moxon in Varsity Blues.  And I thought that would be the worst ever.

10 hours ago, John Anthony said:

That’s really good, nice call Raven!

Yeah, Moxon was pretty cringe. 😂