Covington Holy Cross at Beechwood Predictions/Updates

nkypete

Who wins between Covington Holy Cross and Beechwood?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins between Covington Holy Cross and Beechwood?

• Covington Holy Cross
    • Beechwood

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/13/2021 at 12:30 AM

It's time for the second round of the playoffs!  Covington Holy Cross travels to Beechwood.  On October 8, Beechwood defeated Holy Cross 56-7.  Last week, Beechwood (#1) had no problem with Newport (#4) and Holy Cross (#3) outlasted Lloyd (#2).  Please use poll to vote on who you believe to be in the winner of the game Friday night. Use this thread to post pre-game comments and predictions as well as updates during the game. Once the game begins, you can also follow live stats, box score, and play-by-play at the link below:

Holy Cross Indians at Beechwood Tigers Football | 11/12/2021 7:30:00 PM | Digital Scout live sports scores and stats

The KHSAA website still shows game time to be 7:00 p.m.  I have been told that game time is actually 7:30 p.m. which is when Beechwood schedules their home games.  What is the back story on why Beechwood is different?  They have been 7:30 p.m. for as long as I can remember.  I do realize that during the playoffs, start times can be 7:30 p.m. when a team has to travel some distance.  But usually local games within a district are 7:00 p.m.  Just curious.

7 minutes ago, theguru said:

@nkypete does the turnaround against Lloyd last week give HC any hope against the Tigers this week?  Maybe not to win the game, but to move the ball and be more competitive?

Beechwood has overwhelming talent.  Even with injuries, they are very deep at all positions.  If they have brought their freshmen to the sidelines, that means that they have 3 times the players on their roster than Holy Cross.  That said, hopefully Holy Cross brings the attitude and drive that has helped it win 3 games out of the last 4 weeks.  I'd like to see Holy Cross play hard for 48 minutes and execute the game plan that the coaches have given them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Beechwood has suffered several injuries the last few weeks but unfortunately for The Indians I don’t see that slowing this team down. This Tiger team is very deep and should be able to put an early running clock on Holy Cross. I was very happy to see Holy Cross avenge their earlier loss to Lloyd last week but this should be the end of the road for them. 
Beechwood- 56

Holy Cross- 0

I anticipate a sizable victory for the Tigers. Just too much depth and talent. Put mildly, despite the win last week and the uptick in success this season for Holy Cross, this is just a bad matchup in every way.

That being said, kudos to Coach Kozerski and his squad for their season and getting to this point. I've seen the Indians a couple time and this is a much better, much more disciplined team than we've seen in years. In particular, I was impressed with playmaking LB Bradyn Niemeyer, the electric WR Javier Ward, the always Ironman tough QB Javier Ison, and punishing RB Lavarr Jones.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bucketgetter said:

Will Beechwood send the starters back out for the second half if they have a running clock after two injuries back to back weeks to key contributors?

Injuries can happen at anytime including the opening kickoff. When, they occur in a game, is of no significant other than they occur. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LoudenSwain said:

Tell that to #6……..

I did not mean the injury was insignificant. I meant that an injury can happen on any play, and at any stage of the game. I think Brady Moore realizes that as well as any player that takes the field. 

7 minutes ago, bjaynes said:

I did not mean the injury was insignificant. I meant that an injury can happen on any play, and at any stage of the game. I think Brady Moore realizes that as well as any player that takes the field. 

Just saying don’t down play these injuries, and leave your personal takes off discussions. To those that sustained them, and their teammates. they are not routine . Not when they happen in these blowouts, week after week. Let it lie.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, LoudenSwain said:

Just saying don’t down play these injuries, and leave your personal takes off discussions. To those that sustained them, and their teammates. they are not routine . Not when they happen in these blowouts, week after week. Let it lie.  

I am not downplaying anything, nor are they routine. If you understood the context of my discussion, and I do not think you did, an injury can occur at any time of the game, and yes the injuries themselves are significant and I hate to see them happen to anyone. But, the coaches get blamed for an injury when all of the armchair coaches out there think a player should have been removed from a game. What if that player was injured in the first quarter? These are not personal takes. It has been said by many over the years that the next play could be your last one. But in no way, am I ok with seeing a kid go down. 

• Like 1