Newport Staff

Buck2

35 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

So why would a guy leave 3 or 4 games into the season?  Seems like this might end a coaching career in its tracks.

I have no clue and do not know if it is true or not. I would agree with you, if true, that may be it for him coaching varsity football. 

On 9/12/2021 at 5:09 PM, Buck2 said:

I’ve heard that Nick Behymer has left the Newport staff. Can anyone confirm this?

29 minutes ago, Juggman said:

I am to understand the head coach remains in place. The defensive coordinator has left. According to sources from within the program.

Nick Behymer was the defensive coordinator at Newport, correct?

I had heard talk about some heartburn between Behymer and Weinrich in the past. I also recall hearing some initial buzz about Behymer heading to Dixie Heights following the departure of Coach Wynn for the Mason County job.

Any possibility this was a mutual parting of ways between Weinrich and Behymer, and we quickly see Behymer resurface at Dixie? I don't have any scoop there...just thinkin "out loud."

5 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I had heard talk about some heartburn between Behymer and Weinrich in the past. I also recall hearing some initial buzz about Behymer heading to Dixie Heights following the departure of Coach Wynn for the Mason County job.

Any possibility this was a mutual parting of ways between Weinrich and Behymer, and we quickly see Behymer resurface at Dixie? I don't have any scoop there...just thinkin "out loud."

Would you want a guy to coach your team that walked out mid season?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BirdDaddy said:

I'm hearing that his story it was time to move forward in a different direction. No details provided. He does still teach in Ft Thomas. The Kids love him at Johnson as the Gym teacher.

I totally understand having differences with coaches and “it being time to move on”. That stuff happens and is honestly probably good for both sides. However, I don’t care how anyone spins it, quitting mid season and quitting on the team is not a good look… for either side. Things are not about “you” as a coach, they’re about kids. You finish it out. Period. 

Coach Behymer and Coach Weinrich knew exactly what they were getting into by coaching with each other again; heck they coached in the same program for almost 20 years. Zero sympathy. 

• Like 6

Just now, Kenny Powers said:

I totally understand having differences with coaches and “it being time to move on”. That stuff happens and is honestly probably good for both sides. However, I don’t care how anyone spins it, quitting mid season and quitting on the team is not a good look… for either side. Things are not about “you” as a coach, they’re about kids. You finish it out. Period. 

Coach Behymer and Coach Weinrich knew exactly what they were getting into by coaching with each other again; heck they coached in the same program for almost 20 years. Zero sympathy. 

Spot on with these comments.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

Hearing more details on how this played out. Yes, I would of walked out of there when he did rather than walk out differently. Sounds to me that Nick had no choice but to walk out. I'm hearing Nick took the High Road. Again he probably was thinking about his day job rather than his Babysitting one. What's more important and pays the Bills? I agree with what you're saying by finish what your started but until we hear more facts of the story don't judge a person by their actions. Sounds like Nick had every right to walk out and move on regardless of the Kids or not. And those facts that I'm talking about are no place to be said on Social media.

25 minutes ago, BirdDaddy said:

Hearing more details on how this played out. Yes, I would of walked out of there when he did rather than walk out differently. Sounds to me that Nick had no choice but to walk out. I'm hearing Nick took the High Road. Again he probably was thinking about his day job rather than his Babysitting one. What's more important and pays the Bills? I agree with what you're saying by finish what your started but until we hear more facts of the story don't judge a person by their actions. Sounds like Nick had every right to walk out and move on regardless of the Kids or not. And those facts that I'm talking about are no place to be said on Social media.

I agree those facts are not for social media but we really are on opposite sides of the fence when it comes to what Nick did and how he reacted.  That being said I did not plan on saying anything else but I am throwing this out there because I know what happened and can't really stomach making it seem as if he is some type of righteous person taking the high road.  I will leave it at that.

Let me also clarify I am not looking at this as a Weinrich or Nick side.  I am on the side of the players who desperately want and need to be coached up and in my opinion are being let down by a lot of adults.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cincyswords said:

I agree those facts are not for social media but we really are on opposite sides of the fence when it comes to what Nick did and how he reacted.  That being said I did not plan on saying anything else but I am throwing this out there because I know what happened and can't really stomach making it seem as if he is some type of righteous person taking the high road.  I will leave it at that.

I'm not saying Nick is totally the Innocent bystander here. Just think he's taking the high road here to protect his Day job before he did something stupid. The others involved? That will take care of itself at some point. When is the unknown.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, cincyswords said:

Let me also clarify I am not looking at this as a Weinrich or Nick side.  I am on the side of the players who desperately want and need to be coached up and in my opinion are being let down by a lot of adults.

Amen, brother. Well said. It isn't like Nick is the victim here. The kids are.