Woodford County 56 Glasgow 0

Glasgow was outmatched at every position it didn’t help the Scottie coach’s kept going for it on 4th down on there side of the field early in the game including a 4th and 30 when they were only down 14-0 but either way I’m not sure what to think of Glasgow and if there’s 10 teams better than Woodford Co. in 5A I want to see them.

43 minutes ago, Brown said:

Does this say more that Woodfird is exceptional or Glasgow is way down.

I'm leaning toward Woodford County being very good this year, because Glasgow has a lot back from last season. Enough back that I posed this question during the off-season:

I'm not going to bury anybody after Week 1, but the Scotties have some things to figure out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brown said:

Does this say more that Woodfird is exceptional or Glasgow is way down.

I don’t think Glasgow is way down, although they may not be up to what I think they should be with everyone they returned. However 3A in general looked really poor last night. Belfry got beat down too,  Ashland got beat by a good Raceland team but still a 1A team. Bell Co got beat by a North Laurel team that I don’t think are great. Desales got beat so basically I’m saying I don’t think 3A is loaded with great teams so I’m not giving up just yet. I do however think Woodford Co. has a really good team they have a big offensive line good speed and hard to tackle backs a pretty accurate quarterback with quick receivers. And they must have a ton of players I didn’t count them but they looked like they had double Glasgow’s 51.

15 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

Glasgow was outmatched at every position it didn’t help the Scottie coach’s kept going for it on 4th down on there side of the field early in the game including a 4th and 30 when they were only down 14-0 but either way I’m not sure what to think of Glasgow and if there’s 10 teams better than Woodford Co. in 5A I want to see them.

That helps paint the picture. Going for it on 4th down in your own territory and getting stopped is basically the same as a turnover. Going for it on 4th and 30 in the game and situation you described - time for a sanity check.

The crazy thing art about that series was they had it 4th and 20 at WC’s 43 and was going for it I thought ok I would probably try to pin them deep but ok and they get called for a false start so they back them up to the 48 and I was like ok you have to punt now right nope and guess what another 5 yard penalty so it’s 4th and 30 from there on 47 I was screaming punt but no they still try to go for it.