This thread will be used for tracking all open coaching jobs, and all of those jobs as they are filled. If anyone has information on a new job coming open, any updates on an ongoing coaching search, or finds out a job has been filled, please feel free to start a new thread on the opening/filled position. If there is a thread already out there, don't hesitate to add your info. We're all glad to hear it.

I will link the thread for each open/filled job to streamline your searching.

OPEN:

1.) Allen County-Scottsville
2.) Berea
3.) Bryan Station
4.) Dayton - FILLED
5.) Edmonson County - FILLED
6.) Evangel Christian
7.) John Hardin
8.) Letcher County Central
9.) Oneida Baptist Institute
10.) Pike County Central
11.) Powell County
12.) Raceland - FILLED
13.) Southwestern
14) Todd County Central
15.) Warren East

FILLED:

1.) Dayton - Mike Walls
2.) Edmonson County - Brad Johnson
3.) Raceland - Joe Bryan

Hard to believe we’re starting the off-season with only ten.  Or is it just me?

Covid year, I feel some admins looked past this season because of all the variables and coaches are getting another year by default who were perhaps on the fringe. 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2021 at 6:10 AM, mcpapa said:

Hard to believe we’re starting the off-season with only ten.  Or is it just me?

On 4/9/2021 at 10:31 AM, WestKYHoops4 said:

Covid year, I feel some admins looked past this season because of all the variables and coaches are getting another year by default who were perhaps on the fringe. 

The rate of turnover for football jobs seemed a little lower than normal for the first month or so after the state finals were played, but it's ended up being a pretty average year, all tolled. And actually, a lot of jobs ended up going to assistant coaches and/or coaches from out of state, so where there would have otherwise been more jobs turning over due to domino effect, there hasn't been quite so much this year.

It'll be interesting to see how things turn out for basketball this year. I think @ChiefSmoke put it pretty succinctly about 2020 when he said, "I look for more coaches to hang it up the next couple seasons. Coaching a season through Covid is like 3 seasons."

• Like 1