Open Job: Newport Central Catholic

17 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Did he retire as principal and coach or just principal?

They didn't explicitly specify, but "During his tenure as teacher, coach and principal he has been a great mentor and advisor for so many" and various other bits of the announcement have the definite sound of all-around retirement.

https://www.ncchs.com/news/2021/4/14/mr-dawn-announces-retirement

NEWCATH PRINCIPAL RON DAWN ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT

Earlier this week, Mr. Ron Dawn announced his decision to step down as principal of Newport Central Catholic High School, a position he has held for five years. His retirement comes after 41 years of teaching.

“During his tenure as teacher, coach and principal he has been a great mentor and advisor for so many. We wish Ron all of God’s blessings today and every day of his retirement.”

“DURING HIS TENURE AS TEACHER, COACH AND PRINCIPAL HE HAS BEEN A GREAT MENTOR AND ADVISOR FOR SO MANY. WE WISH RON ALL OF GOD’S BLESSINGS TODAY AND EVERY DAY OF HIS RETIREMENT.”

School officials said, “It is with grateful hearts that we thank Mr. Dawn for his dedication to the Catholic education of so many students over the past 41 years. We are losing an outstanding leader. Newport Central Catholic and its students have benefited immensely from his tireless and selfless work ethic and love for his alma mater. His loyalty and devotion to Newport Central Catholic is second to none. During his tenure as teacher, coach and principal he has been a great mentor and advisor for so many. We wish Ron all of God’s blessings today and every day of his retirement.”

Mr. Dawn began his career at Newport Central Catholic in 1979 teaching accounting and business courses. Over the years he has held numerous positions at the school including Business Department Chair, Dean of Discipline, Athletic Director and most notably Head Boys & Girls Basketball Coach. Athletic Director and Business Manager Jeff Schulkens said, “Ron has been an outstanding leader in many different roles here at NewCath. His service and loyalty to the school & students will be greatly missed.”

Mr. Dawn commented, "I want to thank all of the parents, teachers and students who allowed me to have a great experience for so many years. People have always told me that I would know when it was time to retire, they were correct. I know it is time, but I will have so many fond memories to look back on. Thank you NCC Community!!”

Assistant Principal Stefanie Piegols added, “Mr. Dawn has shown so much dedication and loyalty to Newport Central Catholic over the past 40 years. His love and pride of NewCath shine through in all he has done and continues to do. He deserves all the prayers and well wishes as he enjoys his retirement.”

The school will conduct an official Principal Search led by Diocese of Covington Superintendent of Catholic Schools Kendra McGuire.

6 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

That happened last year 😬 ...Grant is currently assistant principal at St. Henry.

I think Grant is more than likely the man for the job.

Is there a chance he gets both of Ron Dawn’s jobs then?