LethalPG

Open Job: Paul Laurence Dunbar

Scott Chalk has resigned from Dunbar.  Chalk and the Bulldogs won the State Championship in 2016.  Class act. 

Chalk has served as the Executive Director of the KABC since 2015.  

Should be a very attractive job with a lot of applicants! Anyone on the current staff? 

1 hour ago, nikeman49 said:

Why did Chalk resign?

I think he had maybe resigned as a teacher a year or so ago. He’s been at it for a long time. Might be ready to do something else. 

• Thanks 1

Coach Chalk RETIRED not resigned. It was reported he resigned by a local media member and that is incorrect. He retired from teaching 2 years ago but remained in coaching. He has now retired from coaching as well. No underhanded issues or any shady dealings. He will remain working with the KABC. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If roster stays the same, should be the favorites in the 11th next season. Top 5 names for the job?

I don’t think “resign” in this case has a negative connotation.  You indeed do have to resign in a extra duty position in a school district even if it’s for retirement purposes.

But, I get what you’re saying.  Most resignations at the HS level are force outs.  

I have heard one of the top returning players may be moving. I guess we will have to wait and see.

I hear that Frankie Smith has looked into this position and may be ready for a return to Kentucky?

36 minutes ago, The Flea Market said:

I hear that Frankie Smith has looked into this position and may be ready for a return to Kentucky?

What has he been doing since his brief stint at Bell County a few years back?