Covington Holy Cross names Casey Sorrell boys head basketball coach.

27 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

What was his background prior to taking this job?

2010 Simon Kenton grad, I believe. Played D-II college hoops. He was either a graduate assistant or assistant at Winthrop before heading to Cov Cath as a varsity assistant in 2016...he did a lot of work helping CJ Fredrick develop.

I believe he's been away from coaching for the last year working on his business career.

31 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

2010 Simon Kenton grad, I believe. Played D-II college hoops. He was either a graduate assistant or assistant at Winthrop before heading to Cov Cath as a varsity assistant in 2016...he did a lot of work helping CJ Fredrick develop.

I believe he's been away from coaching for the last year working on his business career.

Did he play at NKU for a short time?  Also was he at Holy Cross as a player or am o thinking of someone else.

Holy Cross High School is excited to introduce Mr. Casey Sorrell as our boys varsity basketball coach.
Coach Sorrell attended Erskine College where he played basketball. He continued his education at Winthrop University as a graduate assistant, working in the men’s basketball program as an assistant coach.
Most recently, Coach Sorrell was an assistant basketball coach at Covington Catholic from 2016-2020.
He brings a strong passion and enthusiasm for the game to Holy Cross. He is looking most forward to continuing the proud HC tradition of developing successful young men on the court and in our school community.
Coach Sorrell, Welcome to the Holy Cross family!

b4093393-9c0e-9e3b-1870-2f13d3747d50.jpg

1 hour ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Did he play at NKU for a short time?  Also was he at Holy Cross as a player or am o thinking of someone else.

You're thinking of his older brother Corey.  Casey graduated from Simon Kenton.

1 hour ago, feelingit said:

The CCH coaching tree HAD Franzen, Fredrick and Sorrell.  In my opinion Ben and Joe are much stronger options.  Like anything else, time will tell.  

Do we know that Ben Franzen and Joe Fredrick both applied? Because they aren't better options if they didn't apply to take the job...

25 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Do we know that Ben Franzen and Joe Fredrick both applied? Because they aren't better options if they didn't apply to take the job...

I agree with your statement!  I simply said the other two are better options (imho).