Open Job: Hazard

• 2 weeks later...

Big Al won’t stay out of basketball in some capacity for too long in my opinion. He’s a great coach and still has a few years left in the tank.

Retire, wait a few months, and rehire for a second go-around. It’s done all the time these days in many state jobs. But I may be wrong. We’ll see. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/18/2021 at 8:00 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Care to elaborate on why you think so @nikeman49? The KHSAA Scoreboard currently lists Robinson as head coach, and Hazard apparently announced Robinson's hire on social media.

Hazard is open per KHSAA open jobs list. Job was posted 10-19-21. Big Al had stepped down earlier in the year for retirement. I think he can coach but he had to go through a protocol to get his retirement then he would be able to coach full time. His retirement protocol is coming to an end so if he's interested he should be able to coach plus draw his retirement.

On 10/22/2021 at 4:18 PM, All State Baseball said:

Hazard is open per KHSAA open jobs list. Job was posted 10-19-21. Big Al had stepped down earlier in the year for retirement. I think he can coach but he had to go through a protocol to get his retirement then he would be able to coach full time. His retirement protocol is coming to an end so if he's interested he should be able to coach plus draw his retirement.

Lol, tried to tell you guys what would happen.

On 10/22/2021 at 4:18 PM, All State Baseball said:

That's a lot of hoop jumping. Has this always been the practice for coaches who stay on after retirement?