Gonzaga 93 UCLA 90 OT (NCAA Final 4)

16thBBall Fan

10 hours ago, Mustang said:

Feel bad for Mick and his team, BUT what a great college basketball game.

Amazing athletes on both ends of the court.

That Timme guy is a real pleasure for all of us old guys to watch. Does so many things we all coached. Mick did a great job with this team. I agree... amazing athletes who are fine basketball players. Few is so good at what he coaches.

2 hours ago, bugatti said:

NBA plug here 😁 If you liked that game check out the NBA. There are shotmaking games like that multiple times a week.

I always think the intensity level in the NBA is questionable. But, when you play about 100 total games by the second playoff round I guess you seldom see the level of a "one and out" situation.

10 hours ago, 9068 said:

I always think the intensity level in the NBA is questionable. But, when you play about 100 total games by the second playoff round I guess you seldom see the level of a "one and out" situation.

It’s a different game all together. There is obviously a different pace with it all playing 82 games, but with the spacing and skill level they make it look so much easier than what it appears on tv. In person the NBA game moves so much faster than a college game.

Love the intensity both teams played with last night. Mick wanted it to get to the 10 minute mark in hopes that Gonzaga would tense up. They rose to the occasion.

• Like 1

I was really impressed with the development of Tyger Campbell.  He continues to get better and better.

Juzang is also improving on the defensive end.  He averaged on the season 4 rebounds a game and was third on the team in steals.  I disagree that he does nothing on the defensive end.  This is not the Juzang that left Kentucky.  He has developed tremendously under this staff.

Having watched about 20 UCLA games this season, Mic did a masterful coaching job and deserves every accolade he gets.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cincyswords said:

I was really impressed with the development of Tyger Campbell.  He continues to get better and better.

Juzang is also improving on the defensive end.  He averaged on the season 4 rebounds a game and was third on the team in steals.  I disagree that he does nothing on the defensive end.  This is not the Juzang that left Kentucky.  He has developed tremendously under this staff.

Having watched about 20 UCLA games this season, Mic did a masterful coaching job and deserves every accolade he gets.

Have to also considered that this Juzang was a year older Juzang. After already playing a full year of college basketball, and practicing everyday for a year guarding players like Quickley and Maxey in practice. So he was going to look much better this year no matter what, then getting a chance to be the guy there for Cronin and the confidence to go with it. It definitely was fun to watch. 

10 hours ago, bugatti said:

In person the NBA game moves so much faster than a college game.

If you’ve not seen an NBA game in person, you really can’t understand the level of play. It’s far superior in every way to college basketball. 

11 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Have to also considered that this Juzang was a year older Juzang. After already playing a full year of college basketball, and practicing everyday for a year guarding players like Quickley and Maxey in practice. So he was going to look much better this year no matter what, then getting a chance to be the guy there for Cronin and the confidence to go with it. It definitely was fun to watch. 

I will say I love your consistency and your passion.  You will definitely find a way to make sure Cal and or UK get credit for anything you can.  Using this logic EVERY person who transfers gets better with the team they were with prior and no coach can get all the credit for their development.  I am giving you a hard time in jest but I think this credit goes to Mic in taking Juzang to the next level as a player.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cincyswords said:

I will say I love your consistency and your passion.  You will definitely find a way to make sure Cal and or UK get credit for anything you can.  Using this logic EVERY person who transfers gets better with the team they were with prior and no coach can get all the credit for their development.  I am giving you a hard time in jest but I think this credit goes to Mic in taking Juzang to the next level as a player.

No doubt Cronin gets a huge amount of credit, especially with how he used him. However, I have seen so many people act like the Juzang we are seeing this year, would have been the same Juzang last year if Cal played him more. People always seem to forget players get better, especially after a year of experience. UK got Juzang coming out of High School. UCLA got Juzang after a full year of college basketball in a P5 conference, and literally practicing against two NBA players every day in Maxey and Quickley. That truly is a big difference in terms of the type of player both got to work with in their first years with Juzang. Just like with Cal getting transfers now, it is a lot different type of player Cal is getting to coach compared to a guy coming right out of high school. 

2 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

No doubt Cronin gets a huge amount of credit, especially with how he used him. However, I have seen so many people act like the Juzang we are seeing this year, would have been the same Juzang last year if Cal played him more. People always seem to forget players get better, especially after a year of experience. UK got Juzang coming out of High School. UCLA got Juzang after a full year of college basketball in a P5 conference, and literally practicing against two NBA players every day in Maxey and Quickley. That truly is a big difference in terms of the type of player both got to work with in their first years with Juzang. Just like with Cal getting transfers now, it is a lot different type of player Cal is getting to coach compared to a guy coming right out of high school. 

Agreed and I definitely do not feel like Juzang was anywhere near ready to play last year.  I am not in the camp of "Well if Cal would have played him more...."  Coach Cal is like every other coach.  IF a guy can help him win he is going to play.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

If you’ve not seen an NBA game in person, you really can’t understand the level of play. It’s far superior in every way to college basketball. 

Without a doubt. Gonzaga is a great team. Not sure they are all time great, but if they finish off tonight you can at least not hate on anyone that may feel that way. The worst team in NBA today is the Timberwolves (could also argue for Houston or Detroit). If they were to play, I would set the line at Minnesota (-50), and would feel comfortable putting big money on it. Again, its a totally different game. 

• Like 1

I still can't believe UCLA milked the clock as well as they did and both squads were able to execute offensively to the degree they did. It felt like every other UCLA shot was taken as time was expiring on the shot clock.

2 hours ago, bugatti said:

I still can't believe UCLA milked the clock as well as they did and both squads were able to execute offensively to the degree they did. It felt like every other UCLA shot was taken as time was expiring on the shot clock.

Yes, which does bring up a point Charles Barkley made after the game.  UCLA was a tough matchup for Gonzaga.  Baylor wants to play the same style as Gonzaga so they will be much more comfortable playing Baylor.  Doesn't mean Gonzaga wins it just means Baylor is a style that Gonzaga is more comfortable with.

To add to that how does a game like the UCLA game end up in the 90's.  Is there cause for concern about Gonzaga's defense?  With both teams pushing it up and down is someone going to break 100?