Gonzaga 93 UCLA 90 OT (NCAA Final 4)

16thBBall Fan

2 hours ago, cincyswords said:

Yes, which does bring up a point Charles Barkley made after the game.  UCLA was a tough matchup for Gonzaga.  Baylor wants to play the same style as Gonzaga so they will be much more comfortable playing Baylor.  Doesn't mean Gonzaga wins it just means Baylor is a style that Gonzaga is more comfortable with.

To add to that how does a game like the UCLA game end up in the 90's.  Is there cause for concern about Gonzaga's defense?  With both teams pushing it up and down is someone going to break 100?

I think UCLA was playing well above their heads. They are not a great shot making team but sometime everything just goes in.

I don't think UCLA was a bad matchup, but it was a close game. Both of those statements can be true.

20 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

If you’ve not seen an NBA game in person, you really can’t understand the level of play. It’s far superior in every way to college basketball. 

Saw Oscar, Wilt, Pettit, Baylor, Bill Russell and the great Celtics teams, Kareem, Jerry West, etc. in person. Very different game even then. Saw Wilt get 61 and 39 against Royals one night. Dad took me and two teammates to Cincinnati Gardens. The thing that really blew me away was watching 6'11" Nate Thurmond come off a curl screen and make 6 in a row from the top of key! No 3 point line and those guys would put up 120+.

• Like 1