10th Region SoS - Feb 28th

How is the 38th going to be decided? From what I'm looking at between Robertson, Pendleton and Harrison, it's a 3-way tie at 2-1 with no head to head front runner. RPI? Draw? 

I'm hearing this is an issue across the state because there's no uniform deciding factor. Why is that? Does KHSAA allow each District to determine their own tie-breaker? That seems slippery.

Thanks in advance! 

7 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

How is the 38th going to be decided? From what I'm looking at between Robertson, Pendleton and Harrison, it's a 3-way tie at 2-1 with no head to head front runner. RPI? Draw? 

I'm hearing this is an issue across the state because there's no uniform deciding factor. Why is that? Does KHSAA allow each District to determine their own tie-breaker? That seems slippery.

Thanks in advance! 

Tiebreakers are generally decided at district meetings with AD's and coaches present.

On 2/28/2021 at 9:58 AM, KeepItRealYo said:

Here’s an Updated Strength of Schedule (SOS) for all the teams in the 10th Region. Compiled on February 28, '21

The formula used: Weighted two-third (66 2/3%) for the opponent's record and one-third (33 1/3%) for the opponents' opponents record.

EF5AE6DF-A95A-478F-A957-36C3F8C158AE.jpeg

I'd argue that Campbell and Scott's schedules SOS is made more difficult due to them both being in the NKAC and playing more 9th Region schools.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KeepItRealYo said:

Which SoS is most surprising...Tougher or weaker than expected?

No big surprises.  CC and Scott are toughest, by virtue of playing a heavily weighted NKY schedule and each other.  GRC and Montgomery venture into region 11 and 12 quite a bit, and play each other.  Maybe the only small surprise would be Bracken at 6.  Looking at their results, they've played some pretty good NKY teams - Holmes, Holy Cross, Dixie, Newcath.  For a small school, they've taken on a relatively ambitious schedule.

And I thought Harrison's might be higher 10.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mcpapa said:

No big surprises.  CC and Scott are toughest, by virtue of playing a heavily weighted NKY schedule and each other.  GRC and Montgomery venture into region 11 and 12 quite a bit, and play each other.  Maybe the only small surprise would be Bracken at 6.  Looking at their results, they've played some pretty good NKY teams - Holmes, Holy Cross, Dixie, Newcath.  For a small school, they've taken on a relatively ambitious schedule.

And I thought Harrison's might be higher 10.

I agree!  I’m not that surprised with the top 5.  As for Bracken, I’m not surprised there either, thought all along they had a challenging schedule. I will say Robertson Co really is shocking.  Last season they had a SoS at the bottom of the 10th.  Ended with a great record but got them nowhere in the Region tournament.  This season with nearly everyone back including last season’s POY it really would have been nice to see their SoS a little more challenging.  A lot of teams have had to reschedule due to COVID and yet they found ways to find competitive replacements.  Time will tell how this plays out come district and region tournaments.