Bowling Green QB Conner Cooper Re-Classifies to Class of '22

BBN_34

Covid limited his summer , like others, from getting to camps, etc. They said he had never focused a summer on football, and this was his summer to do that. Then I believe with his injury in Game 2 of the season, he wasn’t able to get the film out that he wanted to or needed to early enough to the schools he feels confident he can connect with. He’s looking at going into recruiting as a DB/ATHLETE! Playing QB at BGHS, you aren’t going to have the opportunity to have film at that position to show colleges.  
I actually think this is a very wise decision for Cooper. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 1/2/2021 at 8:20 AM, LongTimeReader said:

Saw this and was intrigued by the situation. Recruiting is a tricky game, but just need one coach/school to like your film and or skills? Did he start at QB for two years at BG?

I believe his Junior year, BG ran a 2-QB system with Cooper and the Senior QB. BG is known for “waiting your turn” football. Even though Cooper was outperforming, and almost the entire team voiced that they would prefer him as their QB, for some reason, a decision could never be made on a “STARTING QB”!  
I believe at one point Cooper even tried to go to Defense just to be on the field more. That’s what athletes do! 
And sometimes all it takes is for one certain school to recognize a kids talent, offer them, and the offers take off from there. It’s like a domino effect! We see it happen all of the time! I have to commend him honestly for not settling. I think he believes in himself and wants to play at a higher level with a scholarship! He’s a super smart kid... he holds an offer from Centre ( they don’t just offer anyone) I like kids that are willing to push themselves to achieve what they want! 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Conner's current Twitter profile still appears to show him as a Bowling Green student, although Bowling Green is not participating in Kentucky's Supplemental School Year Program. It's interesting that he lists himself as "DB/ATH" seeing as he has started at QB for the Purples the last two years, and to the best of my knowledge, only played on offense in 2020. He played limited time on defense in 2018 and 2019, accumulating only 10 total tackles in those seasons, combined.

Per his Twitter profile:

BGHS | 2020 State Champion | DB/ATH | 22’ Prospect | NPA:
@BuckFitz | 6’1 170lbs | 4.46 40 | LLEJ | @BallHawkU

46 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Conner's current Twitter profile still appears to show him as a Bowling Green student, although Bowling Green is not participating in Kentucky's Supplemental School Year Program. It's interesting that he lists himself as "DB/ATH" seeing as he has started at QB for the Purples the last two years, and to the best of my knowledge, only played on offense in 2020. He played limited time on defense in 2018 and 2019, accumulating only 10 total tackles in those seasons, combined.

Per his Twitter profile:

BGHS | 2020 State Champion | DB/ATH | 22’ Prospect | NPA:
@BuckFitz | 6’1 170lbs | 4.46 40 | LLEJ | @BallHawkU

Good 40 time.

Conner received an offer today from Bucknell University. His current list of offers:

Bucknell University
Centre College
Mount St. Joseph University
Western Kentucky University

He also currently has received interest from:

Austin Peay University
Butler University
Marshall University
Miami University (OH)
Purdue University
Tulane University
University of Tennessee
University of Toledo
Vanderbilt University

• Like 1

• Colonels_Wear_Blue changed the title to Bowling Green QB Conner Cooper Re-Classifies to Class of '22