North Carolina 75 Kentucky 63

sportsfan41

Final the Cats fall to 1-5 for the first time since before Coach Rupp became head coach and are off until next Sat. when they travel to play Louisville which will be their 4th straight ACC team. This team right now does not look like they will have any chance to make the tournament. This game again the Cats have twice as many turnovers as assists.

Energy level is much better, but this team simply doesn’t create for each other, and even when they do they don’t make the shots. I thought today they honestly had a lot of good shots, and simply couldn’t make them. 

This team badly needs a win against Louisville before going into conference play. They have very little if any room for error once in conference play. 

Getting Brooks back would be huge. He could stop at the four spot, and Jackson can move to the bench. This way him and Sarr are not on the floor at the same time, and don’t have to risk both getting in foul trouble right away. Allow Sarr and Jackson to rotate with each other at the five spot. Ware also shown he can give valuable minutes and do the dirty things when needed. 

Both Mitz and Askew looked a lot better playing off the ball today, than they did at the pg spot so far this year. However, Clarke definitely didn’t have a good game today. Sarr and Jackson being in foul trouble all game didn’t help, because it took away guys he could lob it to once he got it in the lane.  

I do think the are improving, but they literally have little room for error now if any the rest of the way. 

I do miss having the second best free throw shooting team in the nation, like we had last year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

1.  As I said in the prediction thread, UK is still really missing Brooks.  They needed another big.  I think Jackson, Sarr and Brooks could be solid line up.  

2.  Toppin is stealing minutes and I'm not sure why, I just don't see it. 

Toppin is stealing minutes because of Jackson and Sarr consistently being in foul trouble. 

Also when Brooks is back, having him Sarr, and Jackson in is not really a solid lineup. Jackson and Sarr have shown to be consistently in foul trouble, plus when both are in they really can’t spread the floor. Having Jackson and Sarr rotate at the five spot, once Brooks is back will allow them to keep them out of as much foul trouble. It also would allow them to spread the floor more with Brooks at the four spot. 

10 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Energy level is much better, but this team simply doesn’t create for each other, and even when they do they don’t make the shots. I thought today they honestly had a lot of good shots, and simply couldn’t make them. 

This team badly needs a win against Louisville before going into conference play. They have very little if any room for error once in conference play. 

Getting Brooks back would be huge. He could stop at the four spot, and Jackson can move to the bench. This way him and Sarr are not on the floor at the same time, and don’t have to risk both getting in foul trouble right away. Allow Sarr and Jackson to rotate with each other at the five spot. Ware also shown he can give valuable minutes and do the dirty things when needed. 

Both Mitz and Askew looked a lot better playing off the ball today, than they did at the pg spot so far this year. However, Clarke definitely didn’t have a good game today. Sarr and Jackson being in foul trouble all game didn’t help, because it took away guys he could lob it to once he got it in the lane.  

I do think the are improving, but they literally have little room for error now if any the rest of the way. 

I do miss having the second best free throw shooting team in the nation, like we had last year. 

Man a loss against UL, could make a bad situation a lot worse.

They need to spend this week at Camp Cal working on setting screens.   I don't think I've ever seen so many hip checks called in a game.   

They still have a big problem at point guard.   Clarke had 3 turnovers and zero assists today and now has 13 assists and 20 turnovers on the year.  I just don't see him being the answer.   If he could ever stay out of foul trouble I think the offense would run much better if we ran it through Sarr.  He's a really good passer and would allow Clarke and Boston room to make cuts to the basket and give the shooters a chance to catch the ball squared up.   Unfortunately,  he's shown no signs of being able to stay on the floor long enough to let that offense get in rhythm.   

43 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Fletcher quit during for game but later apologized.  Clarke was jawing with Cal, this is bad folks.

The Clarke thing wasn’t that bad in my opinion. Shoot we even saw Cousins do that in Cals first year here.

Now the Fletcher thing is interesting. Just another examp to for people who say Cal needs to get more guys who aren’t one and done. Cal does recruit guys who aren’t suppose to be one and done. Two things happen though, one they end up being better than expected and end up being a first round pick. Or they aren’t ready to contribute, and then get upset with lack of playing time and transfer. 

Cal is really in a lose/lose situation in regards to when he recruits guys who aren’t thought of as one and done types.