Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

North Carolina 75 Kentucky 63

Featured Replies

The fouls that Sarr picks up irritates the living heck out of me.  They aren't bad calls, just stupid plays on his part.  I feel like its deja vu watching him pick up dumb foul after dumb foul.

16 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

What is the story on Allen?  

I'm curious about this too.  I know the last game he played, he had three turnovers rather quickly but that was 3 games ago I think.  He's certainly not the answer to Kentucky's offensive problems but I'd have to think if he got a few of the open looks that others are getting he'd knock a couple down and he can't be much worse than what we've seen from others.

Mintz sure looked like he cared yesterday.  I was definitely pleased with his effort and performance and it wasn't just because he knocked down a few threes.

Toppin, I think I could do without seeing him take another 15+ foot jumper for the rest of the season.  Just rebound and try to dunk on people.

Just now, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I'm curious about this too.  I know the last game he played, he had three turnovers rather quickly but that was 3 games ago I think.  He's certainly not the answer to Kentucky's offensive problems but I'd have to think if he got a few of the open looks that others are getting he'd knock a couple down and he can't be much worse than what we've seen from others.

Kind of my thoughts.  I am expecting to hear that he is transferring to NKU.

Would someone please show Sarr how to set a pick, that he can’t stick his hip outward a foot to check a defender. That will be called every time because it’s so obvious. Seems like he gets at least 2 of those type fouls every game.

On 12/19/2020 at 5:30 PM, Carl Spackler said:

The last team to make the NCAA Tournament after a 1-5 start was Texas in 1998-99.  

 

I'm really not trying to be hyperbolic here, but without a non-conference tilt against the mid-major programs, UK is going to struggle to hit .500 for the season. I get the SEC is not that great, but keep in mind UK only has 20 games left. Nothing (yet) has shown me they can go 12-8 the rest of the way. That is just to hit .500. They need to hit fortune fast or I fear the season could crater given the team makeup.

A troubling sign is three of UK's losses have been by double digits. Last season - a good, but not great UK team - the largest margin of defeat was nine points, with three of their six losses coming in a one possession game.

On 12/20/2020 at 10:03 AM, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I'm curious about this too.  I know the last game he played, he had three turnovers rather quickly but that was 3 games ago I think.  He's certainly not the answer to Kentucky's offensive problems but I'd have to think if he got a few of the open looks that others are getting he'd knock a couple down and he can't be much worse than what we've seen from others.

 I have watched very little of UK so far this year but my guess on lack of playing time is not being good on defense.

1 minute ago, Voice of Reason said:

 I have watched very little of UK so far this year but my guess on lack of playing time is not being good on defense.

Yeah, probably the case given how Cal has always been.  But man, at times this team looks desperate for a shooter.

12 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

 I have watched very little of UK so far this year but my guess on lack of playing time is not being good on defense.

Some but I think it’s more the TO’s, which Cal is not really fair with him on, Clarke and Boston make just ridiculous TO’s and he doesn’t react towards them the way he does to Allen. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.