I-75 N Traffic pattern at the moment

OlDog75

This probably should be in the "Pet Peeves" forum but I just could not find it.

Anyway, I'm posting about the single lane that we must use to travel north on I-75 from about the I-275 interchange while the Brent Spence bridge is closed.  Just about every day I'm on that stretch of roadway someone wants to tailgate and I'm getting rather tired of it.  I cannot go any faster than the driver in front of me, so tailgating will not get me out of your way or make me drive faster.  In fact, I'll slow down even more if folks are on my tail.  We're all in the same single file situation here so running up on another vehicle isn't going to help. In fact, it creates bottlenecks and flow issues where folks are trying to enter northbound traffic in NKY which slows that flow even more.  If drivers would keep a distance between each other the flow would benefit but we're creatures of habit so I really don't expect much cooperation.  Just had to get it out there. 

kid.jpg

I work in Cincinnati and have tried various ways to get there. 275 to 471 is the worst.  I think the tailgating may not be intended to push the guy in front of you but to keep others from flying up and cutting in at the last minute.  Not gonna lie, I am guilty of cutting people off myself.

Normally I leave for work at 6:15.  I now leave at 6.  Getting off at 12th street and heading over the Clay Wade Bailey has been the best for me.  My pet peeve is the trucks who get off 5th street, stay in the right lane then turn left onto the CWB.  They cut everybody off and block the intersection.

Very glad I don’t have a 9-5 job.  Cannot imagine trying to get across that bridge during rush hour.

6 minutes ago, Beechwoodfan said:

I work in Cincinnati and have tried various ways to get there. 275 to 471 is the worst.  I think the tailgating may not be intended to push the guy in front of you but to keep others from flying up and cutting in at the last minute.  Not gonna lie, I am guilty of cutting people off myself.

Normally I leave for work at 6:15.  I now leave at 6.  Getting off at 12th street and heading over the Clay Wade Bailey has been the best for me.  My pet peeve is the trucks who get off 5th street, stay in the right lane then turn left onto the CWB.  They cut everybody off and block the intersection.

Very glad I don’t have a 9-5 job.  Cannot imagine trying to get across that bridge during rush hour.

🚫

2 hours ago, Beechwoodfan said:

This is the same under normal circumstances.  You have to slow down on the ramp, plus people wait until the last second to get over, which causes the backups.  Plus, I've seen numerous accidents in that left lane from people flying up the hill from the Wilder exit and when they get to the top, they can't see that lane is backed up/stopped.  They either slam into the car in front of them, or they swerve one way or the other causing bigger issues.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beechwoodfan said:

I heard that!  My wife has to drive it every day at morning & afternoon rush hours.  Thank goodness she has tons of patience.  If I had to drive that every day, I'd be in the box by now. 😆