Open Job: Highlands

theguru

On 1/22/2021 at 11:12 PM, FrankNicodemus said:

Can we get 29 more pages of speculation on who it might be?  Wolfe? Lickert? Bathiany? Coach of the Year out of FTJFL? Dale out of retirement?

I thought this whole thing was over at page 50 so who knows how long it goes on for. No complaints here, I am just happy that Highlands is taking their time to get this right.

With a bit of editing and a couple more twists this could be a good seller, not a great seller but a good seller in a Ft Thomas bookstore near you.

I just want Highlands to be know as “that team from Ft Thomas” again...

Legitimate question for @ChiefSmoke since he has by far the most experience as a head coach that I know of on here. 

Outside of the ole cliche  “we start next season the next day after our last season ending loss” speech that I hear on tv etc. 

For your teams and how you coach, by what date did you really want to start getting down to business by when preparing for the upcoming season?

11 minutes ago, Sweeperboy said:

Legitimate question for @ChiefSmoke since he has by far the most experience as a head coach that I know of on here. 

Outside of the ole cliche  “we start next season the next day after our last season ending loss” speech that I hear on tv etc. 

For your teams and how you coach, by what date did you really want to start getting down to business by when preparing for the upcoming season?

11 minutes ago, Sweeperboy said:

The first day of school after Christmas break for the kids. 

For me, I breakdown every defense we will face the next season before Christmas. Our DC has a big head start on every offense as well. 

• Like 3

I think you have to do due diligence but the sooner you can get a coach the better. I would say by this point, they probably know the coaches inside and out. Could be financial part slowing things down or giving their guy time to think it through for a week or two so don’t have James situation again.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I think you have to do due diligence but the sooner you can get a coach the better. I would say by this point, they probably know the coaches inside and out. Could be financial part slowing things down or giving their guy time to think it through for a week or two so don’t have James situation again.

Could be...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweeperboy said:

I think Chief is very happy at Mercer. Might have been a good phone call to have made though. Knowledgeable, well respected, and a good man. Probably could have helped shed a little light on process. May have shocked the committee and been interested....and he would do fine.