Open Job: Highlands

theguru

32 minutes ago, Sweeperboy said:

Can anyone shed any light on where if anywhere all of the other former Highlands coaches have landed? 

Beyhemer to Scott as DC

BW to BW as DC, 😁

Downing only coach retained as Frosh HC all others fired.

What about others? There are many I believe and some very good gets for schools.

Thought Beyhem.

32 minutes ago, Sweeperboy said:

Can anyone shed any light on where if anywhere all of the other former Highlands coaches have landed? 

Beyhemer to Scott as DC

BW to BW as DC, 😁

Downing only coach retained as Frosh HC all others fired.

What about others? There are many I believe and some very good gets for schools.

Behymer went to Newport. I believe another came with him. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Weinrich to Beechwood

Behymer to Newport

Umberg to Newport

Dill to ??????

Turner still at Highlands

Deaton still at Highlands

Leopold to ???????

Hall to retirement?

All frosh coaches were not renewed.

Even the Frosh HC that is/was on the committee? 

9 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Weinrich to Beechwood

Behymer to Newport

Umberg to Newport

Dill to ??????

Turner still at Highlands

Deaton still at Highlands

Leopold to ???????

Hall to retirement?

All frosh coaches were not renewed.

If thats true about the freshman coaches then thats a shame. I watched several of their games over the past 4 years and they appeared to do a really good job. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, barrel said:

Even the Frosh HC that is/was on the committee? 

Correct. He and the rest of the freshman coaches were let go as well. I know there were a lot of players and community members unhappy about that decision but it is my understanding that the whole freshman staff will be recommended to next HC but ultimately it will be up to the new HC who is on staff, ya know if they ever hire one haha! 

I think assistant coaches is going to be the biggest issue with the delay in hiring a HC.  Granted some of these assistant coaches might not have been a pick of the litter type of person for the incoming coach to grab but at least they would have been part of the supply to interview and either say yes or no.  Now with a lot of these guys gone, where is the staff going to be pulled from?  Will good assistant coaches be willing to jump from their current assistant coach positions to move over to Highlands?  I think this is setting up to be a recipe for disaster.....2 things are going to happen:  Either we are going to make so many enemies poaching coaches off of other schools staff (which by the way doesn't bother me) or we pick some already unemployed/retired assistant coaches off the street.  Fun times!

GO BIRDS!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I think assistant coaches is going to be the biggest issue with the delay in hiring a HC.  Granted some of these assistant coaches might not have been a pick of the litter type of person for the incoming coach to grab but at least they would have been part of the supply to interview and either say yes or no.  Now with a lot of these guys gone, where is the staff going to be pulled from?  Will good assistant coaches be willing to jump from their current assistant coach positions to move over to Highlands?  I think this is setting up to be a recipe for disaster.....2 things are going to happen:  Either we are going to make so many enemies poaching coaches off of other schools staff (which by the way doesn't bother me) or we pick some already unemployed/retired assistant coaches off the street.  Fun times!

GO BIRDS!!!

I agree as well. Folks you do realize we are in KY?  How many teaching positions are available?  I do believe new coach should have say on staff but to specifically start from scratch good luck with that.  Boosters and non-profits get ready.  They are some coaches that can transition.

On 1/25/2021 at 1:32 PM, Bluebird99 said:

I was told the schedule is being changed by the AD.  He dropped Boyle Co. Maybe adding McNicholas to a 1 yr deal, which messes with a 2 yr cycle. 

Haven’t heard if he kept Bowling Green on the schedule.

Things change, so we won’t know for sure until released though. 

McNick buddy told me Highlands is at McNick on September 10th.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

GO BIRDS!!!

It’s NKY. There’s plenty of coaches that will teach in one district and coach in another. Especially to coach the Bluebirds.

• Like 1