Open Job: Highlands

theguru

The incoming Senior class is very good and they work well with the incoming junior class.  Trust me we don’t have to wait for the SCIT.  

Some seniors and juniors are working now!  I hope the hire is in place by 02/15.  That should be plenty long enough to find a coach.  

50 minutes ago, BigErn said:

They are going to be very good in 2 years. Anyone who’s been watching, hopefully potential coaches, knows there is a lot coming. Both in talent and numbers. 7-8th had over 90 kids playing. 

Totally agree, I know I have heard for many years "man just wait until those Freshmen get to Jr/Sr year"....that might not have panned out like everyone would have hoped...but I think what was lacking in those last few years was "depth" (I make this statement NOT to rehash what coulda happened so please don't go there!).....what is in the pipeline coming thru not only is "talent" but "depth"....I am with you @BigErn its coming and I think it's a Tsunami.....Which hopefully a potential coach would see and realize that once here it could be sustainable for awhile.....

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sweeperboy said:

Wow!!! #70 pages, who would have thunk. Today is the 21st day of year 21 in the 21st Century...

This stuff doesn’t happen often folks.

You’re not going to believe this Sweep, if you add coach James to the head coaching list, albeit for a day and a half, Highlands next head coach......you guessed it, their 21st head coach

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TEDFROMVILLAHILLS said:

You’re not going to believe this Sweep, if you add coach James to the head coaching list, albeit for a day and a half, Highlands next head coach......you guessed it, their 21st head coach

Well there you have it. If only they were looking for their 21st Championship...

2 hours ago, BigErn said:

They are going to be very good in 2 years. Anyone who’s been watching, hopefully potential coaches, knows there is a lot coming. Both in talent and numbers. 7-8th had over 90 kids playing. 

Yeah, I think Lorenzen's son is a seventh grader, maybe? Young Lorenzen's mom was a three sport star herself for the bluebirds so I'm thinking there will be some talent there. And he obviously plays QB. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, El Diablo said:

Yeah, I think Lorenzen's son is a seventh grader, maybe? Young Lorenzen's mom was a three sport star herself for the bluebirds so I'm thinking there will be some talent there. And he obviously plays QB. 

6th.  But yes, he slings it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, El Diablo said:

He is a 6th grader and yes played for a FTJFL team and was really good.

3 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

He is a 6th grader and yes played for a FTJFL team and was really good.

Man, I get the chills thinking about the possibility of Jared's son running out on Highlands' field with the number 22 on his back. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, El Diablo said:

He is a 6th grader.

11 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Man, I get the chills thinking about the possibility of Jared's son running out on Highlands' field with the number 22 on his back. 

As someone who coached against him for a few years and watched him sling the rock all over the field...I would be stunned if he were anything less than an absolute superstar for the Bluebirds. Extremely talented and well coached over the years.

• Like 3