Open Job: Highlands

theguru

10 hours ago, Rocket Man said:

Has anyone seen the movie Frozen?   

Let it go

Let it go

Let it go

This is turning into a circus.  The kids see all the post and ask me about it.  I say ignore it.  

That is alll.  

Agreed. But I really don’t think anyone takes what is said on here seriously. It’s the opinions of the same 5-6 guys for the most part. Is it productive, absolutely not. But I think most can recognize that its just the ramblings of some folks with too much time on their hands. Highlands is a great job and the community support is amazing. Any coach who wouldn’t come here because of a single parent who is supposedly a poison pill, is not a coach worth hiring. This applies to any overzealous parent or community member. And they’re everywhere, not just Fort Thomas. You put them in their place, end it, and do your job. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BigErn said:

Agreed. But I really don’t think anyone takes what is said on here seriously. It’s the opinions of the same 5-6 guys for the most part. Is it productive, absolutely not. But I think most can recognize that its just the ramblings of some folks with too much time on their hands. Highlands is a great job and the community support is amazing. Any coach who wouldn’t come here because of a single parent who is supposedly a poison pill, is not a coach worth hiring. This applies to any overzealous parent or community member. And they’re everywhere, not just Fort Thomas. You put them in their place, end it, and do your job. 

You are making too much sense today BigErn.

2 minutes ago, BigErn said:

That’s what Iam talking about. “You put them in their place, end it, and do your job”

Remember, no single individual (coach, player, Sweeperboy, etc) or group (administration, mafia, etc) is above the program and that’s what makes Highlands Football  so special imo.

To be part of the program and the success of Highlands Football requires discipline and respect and if anyone is interested in knowing the history you can buy a paperback. Pretty good read actually, a bit outdated but very important message and reminders.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BigErn said:

BigE gets it this lovely Sunday. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigErn said:

They are absolutely all over the place, and I’d argue it’s worse at the middle of the pack or below schools, because of not having the resources YET having completely unrealistic expectations.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, nkypete said:

For the sake of the kids and to keep the wheels of progress moving inside the program, at what point does it become a case of Highlands "settling" for a particular candidate that doesn't necessarily check all the boxes?

I’m really hoping they find an interim before settling.  There’s somebody in the school who can run it for a year.

2 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

I’m really hoping they find an interim before settling.  There’s somebody in the school who can run it for a year.

Curious if they just hired someone from within to run it for a year as an interim head coach. Do you truly believe they all of a sudden would get many more new applicants who didn’t already apply this time? I’m not sure much would change in who would apply for the job a year from now, that didn’t already apply for it this year. So waiting a year, probably wouldn’t change much on who their choices would be from. 

2 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Curious if they just hired someone from within to run it for a year as an interim head coach. Do you truly believe they all of a sudden would get many more new applicants who didn’t already apply this time? I’m not sure much would change in who would apply for the job a year from now, that didn’t already apply for it this year. So waiting a year, probably wouldn’t change much on who their choices would be from. 

Could the pride and the rich tradition/history of the Bluebirds program even handle the concept of an interim head coach?  I've reading through all these posts and I would guess not.

11 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

I think a ton more would happen.  Jobs always open, they could look further into Ohio. Caldwell, calling all the people he told no before hiring James isn’t working out at the moment.

27 minutes ago, nkypete said:

For the sake of the kids and to keep the wheels of progress moving inside the program, at what point does it become a case of Highlands "settling" for a particular candidate that doesn't necessarily check all the boxes?

Think the “checking all the boxes” rhetoric is a bit over-rated.  Seems to me the process worked when James was hired and once he backed out the administration has been scrambling.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Think the “checking all the boxes” rhetoric is a bit over-rated.  Seems to me the process worked when James was hired and once he backed out the administration has been scrambling.

Best analogy that I could think of is telling all the other cute girls in the high school that you are going to prom with one of the cheerleaders and then she turns around at the last minute and says no because she is going back to her old boyfriend.  It sure doesn't put you in a very good spot for finding another date.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

I think a ton more would happen.  Jobs always open, they could look further into Ohio. Caldwell, calling all the people he told no before hiring James isn’t working out at the moment.

So why would a ton more decide to apply next year, if they didn’t want to apply this year? What would change in a year, that would make so many new ones want to apply, that didn’t already apply for this year?