Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lexington Catholic's Fifth Third Holiday Tournament

Featured Replies

Watch for Doss to take down Male in the 3rd round after a loss to the bulldogs in the KOB. Doss will not let Beaumont score 30 on them again. New defensive scheme and holding Beaumont under 20pts and Doss wins that game.

I picked Doss to be in the finals.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked Doss to be in the finals.

 

I watched Doss this summer and they had a 6'8" point guard that impressed me. Does anyone know where he is playing college ball next year?

I watched Doss this summer and they had a 6'8" point guard that impressed me. Does anyone know where he is playing college ball next year?

The 6'8 kid is Jeff Brooks, he signed with Penn State, but he is a 3, not a point guard, their point guard is Anderson, about 6'2

They have a lot of talent but they will not win the 5/3rd or their region.

The 6'8 kid is Jeff Brooks, he signed with Penn State, but he is a 3, not a point guard, their point guard is Anderson, about 6'2

They have a lot of talent but they will not win the 5/3rd or their region,

 

WOW..... ShooterX you care to place a friendly wager on them not winning the 6th region. I will give you 4 reasons that they will win the region.

 

1. PRP is in a down year and with guard play only they will not beat Doss. Doss already beat them this year and that was a bad game for Doss.

 

2. Desales is once again Desales. All heart and not enough talent. They have one go to guy in Mullaney and after that they are done. Good defense and good offensive execution but no help down low against doss with Brooks, and Anderson will do what he wants against them.

 

3. Central has 2 Super Soph's in McGee and the other kid. Might have the best talent in the 6th region in '08 and '09. Just too young to win the region. mistakes will haunt them all year.

 

4. Fairdale has a scrappy team and yes I was very shocked to see them pull off the upset win over Warren Central. Reggie Smith might end up being the best player in the region if Fairdale cant find another guy that can score with him. Just not enough height and weapons against Doss.

 

Remember, I'm not and expert nor do I claim to be one. just my opinion.

  • Author
If the weather stays nice, and the Boss gives the OK, I will be going. Really had a great time last year, meeting a lot of different parents of the players from around the state. Just wish for LexCath sake, that more fans attended, as it would make for better atmosphere, than just a big empty gym.........

I have always found the games to be real exciting here, even in the early stages.

 

I always liked being able to move around and sit pretty much where I wanted.

 

However this isn't the case when LexCath plays. I still say where else can you go and see the quality of the games being played there?? I think this tournament is the biggest bang for your buck.

 

I also wanted someone to yell out at Ron Harrison if they sight him there!!

 

I encourage anyone who hasn't been here to go check it out. I think it is neat seeing people like Rex Chapman, Mike Fields, Tubby Smith, Rick Pitino, and Travis Ford come and watch all of the homegrown talent

I encourage anyone who hasn't been here to go check it out. I think it is neat seeing people like Rex Chapman, Mike Fields, Tubby Smith, Rick Pitino, and Travis Ford come and watch all of the homegrown talent

 

Interesting point. Several seasons ago I sat next to Ross Neltners' dad and found it interesting to talk about Ross's plans etc. The next year I sat next to Wayne and Rex Chapman and found out from Rex that he thought Lofton was going to get shorted because neither UL or UK had a place left for him. People were projecting him to go to one or the other at the time.

Then last year there was this bald guy behind me who was very knowledgeable and pleasant . I saw him about a week later on TV when his Vandy team played UK. The Vandy shirt should have given me a clue that he was Gene Stallings. Sam Bowie is often there as is Joe B. Hall and others. I don't make a point to sit by anyone particular, it just seems to sort of happen when you sit on the LexCath side.

  • Author

I know that Bishop Brossart, CovCath, and Mason County have webcasts. Does anyone know if any of the Lexington and Louisville teams have webcasts??

  • Author

Can anyone who knows list the webcasts if any for the following teams SK,Trinity,Henry Clay, LexCath, Russell, Male ,Doss, St Mary, Appollo, or Holmes or Clark County????

Can anyone who knows list the webcasts if any for the following teams SK,Trinity,Henry Clay, LexCath, Russell, Male ,Doss, St Mary, Appollo, or Holmes or Clark County????

Here is the website for Russell

 

http://www.russell-ind.k12.ky.us/reddevilssports/boysbasketball.htm

 

Go to the bottom of the under Listen Live. Select radio station. Click on KISS107.1 for live game feed.

Well, it starts tomorrow, any predictions on Tuesday's games?

Can anyone who knows list the webcasts if any for the following teams SK,Trinity,Henry Clay, LexCath, Russell, Male ,Doss, St Mary, Appollo, or Holmes or Clark County????

GRC doesn't have one...also after out last game the radio announced that they would not be allowed or for some reason was not carrying any of the GRC games in the 5/3..:confused:

Well, it starts tomorrow, any predictions on Tuesday's games?

Check out the 5/3 contest...you will see lots of predictions there.

All of Brossart's games broadcast over the internet via the http://www.bmustangs.com website.

 

Tuesday's game vs Clinton County - Game Time 9pm - Air Time 9pm

Check website for updated broadcast time if they are running late.

 

If successful, 2nd broadcast would be vs Boyle County at 4:30pm on Wednesday.

Well, it starts tomorrow, any predictions on Tuesday's games?

Mason County:p

Mason County:p

I agree, they are a LOCK to advance into Wednesday round:thumb:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.