How Many Wins..,

46 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

That division is bad, and I don't mean that in a good way. Has there ever been a sub .500 division winner?

It is horrific.  The Eagles have scored 8 points so far against a crippled 49ers team. The Giants are 0-4 and their leading rusher is their quarterback - who is no Lamar Jackson.  The Cowboys held the Browns to 49 today.  And The Washington Football Team has the lamest nickname in the history of organized sports. 

12 hours ago, mcpapa said:

As much as it hurts me to say this, I think Dallas beats up on the division, goes 7-5 the rest of the way, and wins at 8-8.  

That feels about right.

Dak putting up these numbers is what makes fantasy football players believe people like him, Matt Stafford, Kurt Cousins, and Matt Ryan are good at their jobs. I saw Cleveland drop what should have been three more interceptions.

Quarterbacks that throw for 500+ yards in a game are now 13-11 all time.

And yes, I get their defense is horrendous.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Updated NFC East Standings

Dallas Cowboys 2-4 (should probably be 0-6)
Philadelphia Eagles 1-4-1
NY Giants 1-5
Washington Football Team 1-5

If you take away the wins they have had against one another, the NFC East is 1-14-1 against all other foes, if my math is correct. Dallas' fluky win against the Falcons may end up being the difference in the division.

6 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Is the NFC East the worst division in the history of the NFL?

The 2010 Seattle Seahawks won their division at 7-9, tied with the Rams and just ahead of the 6-10 49ers. I can't see three teams from this division reaching 6 wins. And for as bad as the 2010 NFC West was, I never viewed it as incompetent as this disaster going on now. I could see someone getting to 8 wins or so because their divisional opponents are so bad.

Let's not forget the Eagles won it at 9-7 last year, so it was a poor division then.

• Like 1

I'd say 7-9 or maybe 6-10 or possibly if the Eagles can find enough bodies 6-9-1 may win it. In their conference games this weekend I could easily see the Giants and Washington beating Dallas and Philly. Really the NFL should maybe take another team from the NFC West instead of one of those 4.

24 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I'd say 7-9 or maybe 6-10 or possibly if the Eagles can find enough bodies 6-9-1 may win it. In their conference games this weekend I could easily see the Giants and Washington beating Dallas and Philly. Really the NFL should maybe take another team from the NFC West instead of one of those 4.

I am not a fan of the rule, either. I would be good with the automatic playoff slot being awarded, but if you are a wildcard team with a better record then you host. This unfairly occurs quite frequently.

In 2010 the Saints had to travel, as an 11 win team, to 7 win Seattle.

• Like 1

If I'm not mistaken, the NFL is moving to seven teams per conference making the playoffs this year. So when a really bad NFC East team makes it automatically, there will still be a seventh seed (typically with a record of roughly 9-7 or 8-8).

3 hours ago, bugatti said:

The 2010 Seattle Seahawks won their division at 7-9, tied with the Rams and just ahead of the 6-10 49ers.

I remember there was a good bit of talk heading into that game about a team winning the division with a losing record. The Rams were 7-8 and a win would have made them an 8-8 division winner. Instead, the Seahawks won the game, beat the Saints in the playoffs, and set in motion a very good run of football that culminated with two Super Bowl appearances and one win. So while the NFC East is going to send a bad team to the playoffs, maybe it will be the start of a good run (unless its the Cowboys!).

43 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

If I'm not mistaken, the NFL is moving to seven teams per conference making the playoffs this year. So when a really bad NFC East team makes it automatically, there will still be a seventh seed (typically with a record of roughly 9-7 or 8-8).

Yes, they are expanding to 7 teams. Division winners are slotted 1-4, irrespective of their records. The NFC East team will presumably be the #4 seed and play at home the #5 seed, which I assume will have at least 10 wins. 11 is more realistic, 12 is possible.

• Like 1