What's going on at Cooper?

Ryle74

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per Facebook, RJ West started class at Boone County this year for the Spring semester. He played quarterback for the freshman and JV team this past season at Cooper. It appears from Facebook that freshman RB/LB Jeremiah Williams has also transferred to Boone County. Both players saw varsity time playing for the Jags in the Cooper vs. Boone County game.

Coach Bryson Warner commented on both of the Facebook posts confirming that the players were at Boone County.

Per Facebook, RJ West started class at Boone County this year for the Spring semester. He played quarterback for the freshman and JV team this past season at Cooper. It appears from Facebook that freshman RB/LB Jeremiah Williams has also transferred to Boone County. Both players saw varsity time playing for the Jags in the Cooper vs. Boone County game.

Coach Bryson Warner commented on both of the Facebook posts confirming that the players were at Boone County.

I didn't see anything about a third player leaving Cooper, and I'm assuming the third player would be the one with "quite a bit of V[arsity] time" as referenced by @Football Momma 1 up in post #22.

I didn't see anything about a third player leaving Cooper, and I'm assuming the third player would be the one with "quite a bit of V[arsity] time" as referenced by @Football Momma 1 up in post #22.

Zion Mason to CCH.

Cooper's number four receiver last year as a frosh. He only played in five games of varsity ball according to the KHSAA, and still was the number four receiver.

So even though these players saw Varsity action do they automatically become eligible without a valid change of residence? Been out of the business awhile. Is that rule no longer in effect??

Who knows? The KHSAA seems subjective on transfers. The reasoning behind varsity players ruled eligible immediately is a mystery. If any of these players are ruled eligible without changing residency, the public and other students considering a transfer will not know why.

Who knows? The KHSAA seems subjective on transfers. The reasoning behind varsity players ruled eligible immediately is a mystery. If any of these players are ruled eligible without changing residency, the public and other students considering a transfer will not know why.

I would imagine a threat of litigation has that effect. Sometimes eligibility is granted for extenuating family situations. Not mine to know, just wondering.