Should Jim Tressel have voted...

All Tell

Should Jim Tressel have voted in the final coaches poll?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jim Tressel have voted in the final coaches poll?

If you can't beat OSU, there will be talks of a new coach in Ann Arbor...

Well, that was what I thought. At the beginning of the season, he didn't know how to win the big game. Now, he is perceived to have been ripped off of playing in the title game and he is an underappreciated genius.

Not really making a statement but making sure I am clear on how this season and the view of Coach Carr has progressed.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that was what I thought. At the beginning of the season, he didn't know how to win the big game. Now, he is perceived to have been ripped off of playing in the title game and he is an underappreciated genius.

Not really making a statement but making sure I am clear on how this season and the view of Coach Carr has progressed.

He took a lot of unfair heat last year (some from me included) because the team was decimated by injuries. Ron English also came in and solved a big problem running the D to near perfection. I don't think much has changed from Lloyd last year to this one...

He took a lot of unfair heat last year (some from me included) because the team was decimated by injuries. Ron English also came in and solved a big problem running the D to near perfection. I don't think much has changed from Lloyd last year to this one...

So to be clear, please answer the following scenarios

1)UM does go to the championship game and loses, is Carr fired?

2)Not making the championship game and beating USC saves Carr's job?

3)Not making the championship game and losing to USC and Carr is fired?

1. Carr's job is fine, and was fine at this point last year. The people in charge know more than the fan base, and that's a good thing...

2. Carr's job is fine, and was fine at this point last year. The people in charge know more than the fan base, and that's a good thing...

3. Carr's job is fine, and was fine at this point last year. The people in charge know more than the fan base, and that's a good thing...

1. Carr's job is fine, and was fine at this point last year. The people in charge know more than the fan base, and that's a good thing...

2. Carr's job is fine, and was fine at this point last year. The people in charge know more than the fan base, and that's a good thing...

3. Carr's job is fine, and was fine at this point last year. The people in charge know more than the fan base, and that's a good thing...

So does the fan base alluded to above, total more or less than 18%?

Not challenging anything you say here but a little confused. Wasn't there talk at the beginning of the year of Carr being let go?
I'm certain it was being talked about and several things went wrong in '05, to have the speculation they did in '06.

I have long held the belief that you were a member of the 18%. Just had the wrong school.:D :lol:

I didn't like what I saw on D at all in 05. English came in and fixed the problem. It was similar to my complaint about the Bengals a few weeks ago. Far too vanilla and predictable. I wanted something changed for the better and it was. Well except when facing that Troy Smith fellow. And yes, even I have my 18% moments... :D

I agree 100%. Tressell not voting did not show any disrespect to me at all. Now, if it was a rule that he should vote the he was in the wrong but hat is not the case. Tressell shouldn't be put on trial so to speak for not voting. JMO. Imo a lot of what this is all about is that everyone wants to take a shot a the guys on top whenever they can

My sentiments exactly Old Rambler!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I didn't like what I saw on D at all in 05. English came in and fixed the problem. It was similar to my complaint about the Bengals a few weeks ago. Far too vanilla and predictable. I wanted something changed for the better and it was. Well except when facing that Troy Smith fellow. And yes, even I have my 18% moments... :D

I agree. It was time for Jim Hermann to go. Unfortunately, last year a few things happened. First, a bit of complacency set in within the team. They expected to show up and win because they are Michigan, and it didn't happen. Second, Jim Hermann's defense, while innovative 10 years ago, was far from last year. Finally, they had quite a rash of injuries in some key spots last year. And then there's that whole Alamo Bowl officiating fiasco......:irked: