Should Jim Tressel have voted...

All Tell

Should Jim Tressel have voted in the final coaches poll?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jim Tressel have voted in the final coaches poll?

As Dan Patrick said on his show today, this is big boy football, he obviously has an opinion so be a man and vote.

As far as conflict of interest, couldn't the same be said for any previous votes. If he voted for any of his scheduled opponets throughout the year, doesn't that affect his strength of schedule which affects the computer polls. It surely a minor difference, but they only conflict of interest I see in voted every other week to this week is that his vote is now public.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Dan Patrick said on his show today, this is big boy football, he obviously has an opinion so be a man and vote.

As far as conflict of interest, couldn't the same be said for any previous votes. If he voted for any of his scheduled opponets throughout the year, doesn't that affect his strength of schedule which affects the computer polls. It surely a minor difference, but they only conflict of interest I see in voted every other week to this week is that his vote is now public.

:ylsuper: :ylsuper:

Such is life. The message is you just go away when times call for a tough decision? I have a hard time reading this from you...

I'm not really judging right or wrong. I just don't see how he could have been 100% right either way.

Do you think the media wouldn't have had a field day if he voted for a team that got in saying he was dodging the other especially if Michigan was left out? They would have also thought he went for the best matchup.

Agree with those statements or disagree?

I'm not really judging right or wrong. I just don't see how he could have been 100% right either way.

Do you think the media wouldn't have had a field day if he voted for a team that got in saying he was dodging the other especially if Michigan was left out? They would have also thought he went for the best matchup.

Agree with those statements or disagree?

Agree. They are now having a field day because he didn't vote. Isn't real integrity not caring what others think. I bet Woody and Bo agree...

It's a no win situation I think. I respect him feeling like he has a conflict of interest. If he votes one way then the other gets in then it looks like he is trying to dodge them and could work on the psyche of his team. If he votes one way and that team gets in then it looks like he is trying to dodge the team that didn't get in.

No win!

:thumb: Very good point................and ture.

Pretty much what we've been getting at, no? As I pointed out before, this may come back to haunt him more than he knows. The coaching ranks don't take kindly to that type of thing. And apparently, there isn't exactly any love lost between Tressell and some of the more prominent Big 10 coaches. I also thought the comparison to Steve Spurrier was quite interesting.......