Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity 2006 vs Trinity 2005, 2003, 2002.

Featured Replies

Since no one else in Kentucky can beat Trinity, I was thinking how this year's team would do against other Trinity state champs.

IMHO, they beat 2005 and 2003, lose to 2002. Before that, I need RP, LSURock to put down the champagne and give their humble opinion. Your comments?

  • Replies 52
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since no one else in Kentucky can beat Trinity, I was thinking how this year's team would do against other Trinity state champs.

IMHO, they beat 2005 and 2003, lose to 2002. Before that, I need RP, LSURock to put down the champagne and give their humble opinion. Your comments?

What about the 2001 champs?

Since no one else in Kentucky can beat Trinity, I was thinking how this year's team would do against other Trinity state champs.

IMHO, they beat 2005 and 2003, lose to 2002. Before that, I need RP, LSURock to put down the champagne and give their humble opinion. Your comments?

Seems like the 2001 champs would have been the best.

I think 2002 might have been the best offensive team, but that 2001 defense was stingy. It was one of those years (I think this year is the same way) where the defense is more fun to watch than the offense, despite the fact that the offense is great in its own right.

My Top 5 for this decade:

 

1 - 2002

2 - 2001

3 - 2006

4 - 2003

5 - 2005

They were good but every other Trinity team I seen play were probably better just because of better players at skill positions, mainly WR.

My Top 5 for this decade:

 

1 - 2002

2 - 2001

3 - 2006

4 - 2003

5 - 2005

 

That's what I put it at, but I didn't see them play last season.

Our 2002 team was absoultely sick...

I think the 2001 team (when Brohm was a sophomore) was the best. They had a lot of very good, physical players on defense. Did they go undefeated?

The 2005 team had the best mental toughness and senior leadership, not to take anything away from any other team.

All of the teams had their own identity and were fun to watch. Under Beatty, it seems every team makes marked improvement during the season, to wit, the team that started 0-4 and the 2005 team that lost bad to X in September.

I think the 2001 team (when Brohm was a sophomore) was the best. They had a lot of very good, physical players on defense. Did they go undefeated?

 

Only loss was to St. X. I was convinced then, and am now, that the loss gave them a good check and sealed the deal on the championship. I feel the same way about the loss to MBA this year. Sometimes it's amazing what a loss can do if you learn from it.

The 2001 D was not good at stopping the run hence the loss to X. Beatty made the change and the rocks were off and running thanks to Mic.

Too bad Trinity was no good in 2004 when my Dixie team beat them..

Colfan, thats great but you did nothing after that. We loose and come back the next season and win another Title

I think the 2001 team (when Brohm was a sophomore) was the best. They had a lot of very good, physical players on defense. Did they go undefeated?

No, they lost 14-7 to X.

 

I rank them this way:

2002 simply awesome

2001 better D than 02 but Brohm was unreal in 02

2005 best secondary since 01

2006 Petrino carried this team across the finish line

2003 not a great team, Brian refused to lose after a shaky start

Too bad Trinity was no good in 2004 when my Dixie team beat them..

That was a very good team. Only Trinity team to defeat MBA. Big win over Javon Ringer and Dayton Chaminade. Sadly, as the season progressed this squad became Trinity's version of team turmoil. I contend to this day that if they would have managed to defeat Dixie they could have advanced to the final and in a one game senario with the Tigers... well who knows.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.