Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity 2006 vs Trinity 2005, 2003, 2002.

Featured Replies

That's what I initially thought. Didn't that team start off bad? Like lossing the first 3 or 4 that year? I know that they finished strong, regardless how they started. I would say that's the best team. I doubt that final can ever be duplicated.

 

 

The 2002 squad was undefeated, beating Cincy Elder 44-20 and of course then nationally ranked Male 59-56. That Elder squad that Trinity defeated also went on to win the Ohio DI title(so they were pretty good to say the least).

 

2003 started the season ranked #4 in the nation and lost to MBA, Cincy X, Manual and a surprisingly good Seneca squad that year to start the season 0-4 before getting their first win of the season 17-6 against St.X that year. They won out from there defeating St.X 17-14 in the title game.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2002 squad was undefeated, beating Cincy Elder 44-20 and of course then nationally ranked Male 59-56. That Elder squad that Trinity defeated also went on to win the Ohio DI title(so they were pretty good to say the least).

 

2003 started the season ranked #4 in the nation and lost to MBA, Cincy X, Manual and a surprisingly good Seneca squad that year to start the season 0-4 before getting their first win of the season 17-6 against St.X that year. They won out from there defeating St.X 17-14 in the title game.

 

Uh huh. Thanks for clearing that up. I was almost right. I just got a little confused. :thumb:

Uh huh. Thanks for clearing that up. I was almost right. I just got a little confused. :thumb:

 

 

No problem, with all the success we have had since 2000 it is hard to keep it all straight sometimes. :thumb:

No problem, with all the success we have had since 2000 it is hard to keep it all straight sometimes. :thumb:

 

We lost in 2000 to Highland 41-9 at the Rock. That was the best team I've ever seen in person. They were like #16 in the nation or something. I've never seen a team that good. I couldn't imagine playing the #4 ranked team.

Since no one else in Kentucky can beat Trinity, I was thinking how this year's team would do against other Trinity state champs.

IMHO, they beat 2005 and 2003, lose to 2002. Before that, I need RP, LSURock to put down the champagne and give their humble opinion. Your comments?

 

I wouldnt say that.

I wouldnt say that.

Well, nobody has since St.X in september 2005. And we all know what happened in that rematch

Well, nobody has since St.X in september 2005. And we all know what happened in that rematch

Im talking about a NKY team

Our 2002 team was absoultely sick...

 

How many on that team went on to play college football ?

^There were two 1-A scholarship players (Brian Brohm, QB Louisville and Dylan Thiery, OL Northwestern). There was maybe one more in 1-AA and a couple walk-ons are in the mix as well.

Too bad Trinity was no good in 2004 when my Dixie team beat them..

 

 

That's nice :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

 

I agree with RP. Would have to say 2002 as well but 2001 was very close behind that team.

Supershamrocks, You give this offense we run today to that 83 title team with all those great players that went onto play college and Pro-ball and I would say that hands down they were the best. But since we cannot do that 02 holds the title. Trinity forever.

I know they didnt win the state championship, but were forgetting about the 2000 and 2004 teams. Both of those teams were pretty solid. I would take both those teams over the last two state championship teams.

I know they didnt win the state championship, but were forgetting about the 2000 and 2004 teams. Both of those teams were pretty solid. I would take both those teams over the last two state championship teams.

 

 

2000 maybe, but not 2004. Chemistry was a problem with 04 and I don't think they would have responded as well to the adversity faced by the 2005 team at all. They didn't have the leadership that the previous 2005 and 2006 had. 2000 was a great team that ran into a Male team with Bush, Jones, Blackerby(x2), Barclay, Spencer, Shumate, Flannery and Green on the field. That is a pretty good number of DI signees from one squad.

I know they didnt win the state championship, but were forgetting about the 2000 and 2004 teams. Both of those teams were pretty solid. I would take both those teams over the last two state championship teams.

We are discussing winners. If those teams could have, they would have.

Im talking about a NKY team

We can be beat at any time....

 

 

THOUGH ...we are the best...

:sssh:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.