Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity 2006 vs Trinity 2005, 2003, 2002.

Featured Replies

  • Author
No, they lost 14-7 to X.

 

I rank them this way:

2002 simply awesome

2001 better D than 02 but Brohm was unreal in 02

2005 best secondary since 01

2006 Petrino carried this team across the finish line

2003 not a great team, Brian refused to lose after a shaky start

 

Interesting. I see Petrino being better in 2006 than 2005. I thought T was beat against Male. But Nick and Kyle wouldn't let it happen. By the way, I was impressed last night by the minute details that Beatty did- whether it was letting a Ryle punt go uncaught, refs letting the ball sit in the rain uncovered too long, the defense prepared as it seemed to be slanting to the correct side every play. Congrats Rocks.

By far, 2002 is the best. Now compare 2002 to other T teams- Best ever?

  • Replies 52
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously I'm prejudiced but 2002 goes down as the best KY HS team ever.

There was a lot to like about last year's team over this year's, and the other way around. It'd be tought to seperate them, Trinity had great skill seniors on both sides last year, but this year saw some SICK sophomore play.

Interesting. I see Petrino being better in 2006 than 2005. By far, 2002 is the best. Now compare 2002 to other T teams- Best ever?

He is. But I think that the 05 secondary would give the 06 Petrino a tougher time than the 06 would to the 05 Petrino.

Best ever? How about a game with dueling Brohms.

Obviously I'm prejudiced but 2002 goes down as the best KY HS team ever.
I believe that term is pre-empted.
  • Author

Has anyone made an offer to Flynn to play next year?

Too bad Trinity was no good in 2004 when my Dixie team beat them..

We were good, but we lacked some leadership...and lost focus..

Has anyone made an offer to Flynn to play next year?

I think he is done playing football.

I watched Kyle and Dane play together for 10 years. What a ride they have had...

3rd grade - Undefeated

4th grade - 1 loss

5th grade - 2 or 3 losses (can't recall??)

6th grade - Undefeated Toy Bowl Champs

7th grade - 2 losses

8th grade - 1 loss, Toy Bowl Champs over team that beat them in season

Freshman - Undefeated

Sophmore - (JV) 1 loss

Junior - 2 losses, State Champs over team that beat them in season

Senior - 1 loss, State Champions

 

That's about a 66-11 record, some nice trophies and a couple rings.

Not bad for a decade of work! Some college would do well to offer them both a spot as they seem to help things happen.

Nice photo. One tackle, but oh what a tackle it was.:thumb:

Yeah , you may have to place the 03 team last. But you know what, I would take that defense in an alley fight against anyone. Just remember, when they had to get it , they did.

Here is my decade rankings thus far (remember, next years team has the potential to be VERY good)

 

1. 2002. Greatest team of all time BAR NONE

2. 2001. Loaded with talent on both sides of the ball

3. 2006. Petrino is a winner, and proved it all year. Defense held its own in the playoffs

4. 2005. In terms of a turn around, simply one of the best coaching jobs ever

5. 2003. 4 losses makes them 5th by default :D

Which team was it that was ranked #4 in the nation according to USA Today? I was thinking it was 2002, but the more I thought, it might have been 2001. I don't remember.

Which team was it that was ranked #4 in the nation according to USA Today? I was thinking it was 2002, but the more I thought, it might have been 2001. I don't remember.

 

 

2002

2002

 

That's what I initially thought. Didn't that team start off bad? Like lossing the first 3 or 4 that year? I know that they finished strong, regardless how they started. I would say that's the best team. I doubt that final can ever be duplicated.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.