October 25, 20196 yr Author Or you could just say “Thank you”. And leave the ma’am or sir out of the transaction. This is so far down on the “things that bother me list” it’s not even worth mentioning, and I’ll never understand why so many are bothered by it so much. I can't speak for everyone, but I am not bothered by it, just don't understand it.
October 25, 20196 yr Why not just send out a memo which says, "For now in your greeting, let's do our best to reference everybody as a 'passenger.'" Of course if you do that, people who identify as a "traveler" will be offended. :lol2::lol2:
October 25, 20196 yr I feel sorry for our Canadian friends who have this problem. Those of us in Kentucky do not have that problem. Our flight attendants just say "Y'all welcome aboard our flight!"
October 25, 20196 yr Or you could just say “Thank you”. And leave the ma’am or sir out of the transaction. This is so far down on the “things that bother me list” it’s not even worth mentioning, and I’ll never understand why so many are bothered by it so much. When you're taught at a young age that the proper way to address people with respect is the use of ma'am or sir, it's hard to just drop it. Creature of habit, I reckon. Doesn't help that it truly offends a very small percentage of folks.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.