Official KHSAA RPI Rankings Unveiled

theguru

Also from that link Trinity came it at 141 out of 221 schools. That's funny...

The 6A Champs, Male, came in at 46 just ahead of Ludlow at 47. MMMkay.

6A runner up Scott County came in at 75.

I think you need to sort it by class to get a read on the "accuracy" of the index.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky for Male.

Also when you break it down by class in 2018, Trinity was 21st in 6A.

Trinity only had 4 regular season wins (and only 1 of those teams had a winning regular season). The out of state teams on T's schedule are no doubt underrated in the Kentucky RPI calculation. I'm not saying the 2018 Trinity RPI calculation correctly places them in the 6A rankings, I'm saying the calculation did what it was programmed to do.

As long as T continues to play a challenging out of state schedule, they will most likely continue to undervalued by the RPI math.

Trinity only had 4 regular season wins (and only 1 of those teams had a winning regular season). The out of state teams on T's schedule are no doubt underrated in the Kentucky RPI calculation. I'm not saying the 2018 Trinity RPI calculation correctly places them in the 6A rankings, I'm saying the calculation did what it was programmed to do.

As long as T continues to play a challenging out of state schedule, they will most likely continue to undervalued by the RPI math.

We already see that again this year, Trinity is not being given near enough credit for their out of state victories.

If they want to help schools guarantee a balanced schedule that benefits more schools than it hurts, the KHSAA is going to have to do away with the current scheduling grid. It makes it too hard when every school is trying to find non-district opponents in the same six weeks. Let schools schedule district games anytime after the second week and anytime before the final two weeks. That's a seven-week window to schedule instead of the current four-week window.

What was the logic behind the window for District play? Anybody?

Spit-balling here because if the KHSAA gives the schools total freedom to play district games whenever they want then some schools will be crying back to the KHSAA that they can't get their district games scheduled and they think their opponent should have to cancel their game against so and so because they did this to us in 2002, and our game was scheduled first, and we just don't like them. Me me me....