2A Championship: Russell vs. Mercer County

wildcat111

Who wins the 2A title?  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2A title?

This group will set the state rushing record, they did not do it by being slow.

Edwards and Griffith are also burners. A couple of sophmores can also fly, but never carry the ball, except in mop up duty.

Edwards and Griffith are not "burners." But they do move decent when they put the pads on.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today I watched film on several of the Mercer games this season. Wow. The backs are compact. Little guys with a lot of heart. They are fast but I'm not so sure that they will be able to get away from Josh Wills. He likes to eat little guys. He teaches that to the others on defense. Chew little guys up and spit them out.

Seriously your backs look very good and fast. I'm not so sure although that they will be the fastest players on the field. I'm not going to give you times because Russell does not have any that I know of. But If I were a gambling man I would say that Russell team speed is just one little hair above Mercer. No one big hair.

I hope that this game will be a classic that we can all look back at and say, Remember when Russell took down the Mighty Titans.

Russell 16

Mercer 7

It's strange to me that Mercer fans are supposed to be humble and polite and take all of the mud that has been thrown at them this year. Well I am a fairly calm and reasonable person and have been respectful and complimentary to everyone to everyone who is respectful and reasonable. But why should I be humble or respectful to people who insult Mercer fans, insult our school, and insult our team. I know that these people are not the norm of the Russell fan base. I was at Russell last year. It was a great venue with a great group of people running the show. I got there early for the cooking and was treated very kindly even though my attire showed I was a Mercer fan. My compliments to a great group of folks. But there are some on here who have bashed Mercer from day one. Repeatedly hijacking Mercer threads to throw jabs and insults at the everything Mercer. Yes it is an open forum and people are allowed to express their opinion, but insults are not opinions.....they are insults. I too have let myself get caught up in it at times. But it has been a long year of the same thing over and over again. I have all the respect in the world for Russell football team, Coach McGlone, and all of the great fans. However I will not be humble to those who have repeatedly bad mouthed my son's school.

Anybody ever heard of being humble?

This is a premium, for-pay opinion board. "I pays me dues and I gives me opinion."

How's this?

I humbly believe that Mercer County will win this game. In my humble opinion, I think the score will be:

Mercer County 42

Russell 15

This is not cockiness or a slight towards the great program at Russell. I have all the faith in the world in the Titans and I think this game is a runaway for them.

It's strange to me that Mercer fans are supposed to be humble and polite and take all of the mud that has been thrown at them this year. Well I am a fairly calm and reasonable person and have been respectful and complimentary to everyone to everyone who is respectful and reasonable. But why should I be humble or respectful to people who insult Mercer fans, insult our school, and insult our team. I know that these people are not the norm of the Russell fan base. I was at Russell last year. It was a great venue with a great group of people running the show. I got there early for the cooking and was treated very kindly even though my attire showed I was a Mercer fan. My compliments to a great group of folks. But there are some on here who have bashed Mercer from day one. Repeatedly hijacking Mercer threads to throw jabs and insults at the everything Mercer. Yes it is an open forum and people are allowed to express their opinion, but insults are not opinions.....they are insults. I too have let myself get caught up in it at times. But it has been a long year of the same thing over and over again. I have all the respect in the world for Russell football team, Coach McGlone, and all of the great fans. However I will not be humble to those who have repeatedly bad mouthed my son's school.

Coming from a father of one of the students is big. At times you really don't know who you are taking to on here. It could be anyone. Yes people Pi** you off at times and you react. I was one who was upset by the gloating of some of the Mercer faithful. Have I jumped on the band wagon? Yes. Should I have thought twice? Yes. Now I'm being honest. I just wish more could have been honest about this situation. It's ugley. I blame the adults, me included, for letting this get this crazy. I have appologized once on here for my comments and I will again. I just hope that the actions by adults does not leave and everlasting impact on a childs mind.

I love this game at this level. Good luck to both teams.

As I always say: The best team will win.

Coming from a father of one of the students is big. At times you really don't know who you are taking to on here. It could be anyone. Yes people Pi** you off at times and you react. I was one who was upset by the gloating of some of the Mercer faithful. Have I jumped on the band wagon? Yes. Should I have thought twice? Yes. Now I'm being honest. I just wish more could have been honest about this situation. It's ugley. I blame the adults, me included, for letting this get this crazy. I have appologized once on here for my comments and I will again. I just hope that the actions by adults does not leave and everlasting impact on a childs mind.

I love this game at this level. Good luck to both teams.

As I always say: The best team will win.

:thumb:

Can you honestly show me where someone has insulted the Mercer Co team?

I would think that I am one of the people that you are speaking of because I have kept up on Mercer all year.

I am not talking about people having a problem with the merger and the placement in AA. Those you knew would come. I am talking about actual insults. I bet there are very few.

This is a premium, for-pay opinion board. "I pays me dues and I gives me opinion."

How's this?

I humbly believe that Mercer County will win this game. In my humble opinion, I think the score will be:

Mercer County 42

Russell 15

This is not cockiness or a slight towards the great program at Russell. I have all the faith in the world in the Titans and I think this game is a runaway for them.

Faith is one thing. Humility is another.

Which legit top team did Mercer beat this year? I mean a team that actually should have been here under normal times?Any one loss teams?

Larue County lost to Bardstown 14 - 34 Western 18 - 33 Mercer County 14- 56 (L) no one loss teams Did Russell beat anyone Except Belfry.

Larue County lost to Bardstown 14 - 34 Western 18 - 33 Mercer County 14- 56 (L) no one loss teams Did russell beat anyone Except Belfry.

Corbin and Belfry were better than Larue. Larue had 3 losses. I don't believe there are any one loss teams on Mercers schedule.

Devils only beat three complete teams this years ...

Boyd ,Corbin and Belfry

This was a concern until the road performance at Belfry .... Belfry has a quality program that is a yard stick for anyone any year ...

Although Belfry was off it's game this win was very impressive ...

Ps .. Russell lost to an Ashland team in a close one ... Ashland is loaded with athletes - every year ... this game tells me we can match athletes with any 2a school ... including a 2a and 1a combination...

I think Ashland is going to 5a next year .... Mercer might meet them someday in the playoffs ...

Other things that tell me we can match against athletic teams ... Mason Co a few years ago , the Devils shut down guys named Grutza and Lofton... Devils beat them twice in the same year I think .... Both these kids were clearly best athletes on the field ... Devils as a team under the direction of the coaching staff controlled this game ... these games might have been Russell's finest hour ...