2A Championship: Russell vs. Mercer County

wildcat111

Who wins the 2A title?  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2A title?

Looked at last years game again , don't see any blowout this year. Devils totally dominated thru mid third quarter and our linemen seemed to get tired. This won't happen this year , less linemen play both ways every down.

#32 ran hard and stood out for Mercer. Mercer's level of play ( last year ) was similar to Fleming without Fritz ... Mercer was a running team...

Should be a very close game this year ... Devils will be confident and so will Mercer that's the way it should be ...

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

KHSAA Class A State Track Meet times - 100 Meter Dash

Cory Jackson - 11.15

Brandon Ford - 11.34

Class AA Region 4 Track Meet - 100 Meter Dash

Donald Walker - 11.28 - pulled a Hamstring after this during a relay and did not get to compete at state.

All these are Electronic times.

From KHSAA website

Jackson's best time was at regional - 10.77 at state he almost fell down but recovered to run an 11.15

Ford's best time was 11.15

11.28 was best time I could find for Walker

Looked at last years game again , don't see any blowout this year. Devils totally dominated thru mid third quarter and our linemen seemed to get tired. This won't happen this year , less linemen play both ways every down.

#32 ran hard and stood out for Mercer. Mercer's level of play ( last year ) was similar to Fleming without Fritz ... Mercer was a running team...

Should be a very close game this year ... Devils will be confident and so will Mercer that's the way it should be ...

Don't quote me, but I read something in the Danville or Mercer paper I believe it said Walker #32 rushed for 120's and Griffith #30 rushed for 140's in last year's game. This year they have Ford and Jackson to go with them.

Did #56 for you all play LB'er last year? I thought both of your LB'ers were very good players last year.

Don't quote me, but I read something in the Danville or Mercer paper I believe it said Walker #32 rushed for 120's and Griffith #30 rushed for 140's in last year's game. This year they have Ford and Jackson to go with them.

Walker had less than 100. Somewhere in the 90s.

Griffith had 120 or so. Most of which came on a couple of long runs late in the game.

Jaggers also went to the spread in that game because Mercer could not move the ball on the ground in the first half. It was 41-14 before Mercer got a couple of TDs in the 4th qrt.

Sick em!! Any details of when the team will be leaving? I want to join that convoy!

Word came tonight to the boys, heading out around 7:45 to 8:00 a.m. Friday from the Sports Complex. Pep Rally is Tuesday night 6:30 at the football field. They may have updates on the teams website this week too http://www.mercertitans.com

:thumb:

Yes they did. But instead of using it as an excuse they just continued to play.

I don't think any Mercer fan, player or whatever used this as an excuse. The comment was made because a Russell indicated that Mercer was not that great last year and the point being made was with those 3 not 1 players being out impacted that ooutcome of that game. They still may not have won but they would have had a better chance. The point trying to be made is that when Jaggers came on board he took a team that no one thought would be worth a dime and made them believe that they could win. Fate was against them and they could not stay healthy which is a fact not an excuse. But... last year is over and we need to Again I repeat not compare the two or I mean 3 teams (Don't forget Harrodsburg's last year's team which no one compares with this year). These Titians have worked hard to mesh and become Champions so let this year be the new era of football in the small town of Harrodsburg.

I don't think any Mercer fan, player or whatever used this as an excuse. The comment was made because a Russell indicated that Mercer was not that great last year and the point being made was with those 3 not 1 players being out impacted that ooutcome of that game. They still may not have won but they would have had a better chance. The point trying to be made is that when Jaggers came on board he took a team that no one thought would be worth a dime and made them believe that they could win. Fate was against them and they could not stay healthy which is a fact not an excuse. But... last year is over and we need to Again I repeat not compare the two or I mean 3 teams (Don't forget Harrodsburg's last year's team which no one compares with this year). These Titians have worked hard to mesh and become Champions so let this year be the new era of football in the small town of Harrodsburg.

Consolidation is why you are here this year.

Enjoy it while you can.

Consolidation is why you are here this year.

Enjoy it while you can.

They also have one heck of a coaching staff who was able to get these players to come together as one unit. There are plenty of talented teams out there, what makes a great team is what they can do as one unit. Jaggers and his staff have done a masterful job at that. For that, I commend them.