Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For Russell:

2 State titles (1AAA and 1AA)

10 Region titles (6AAA and 4AA)

17 District titles (7AAA and 10AA)

513 wins all time.

These numbers will stack up against any of the programs you mentioned with the exception of Highland, Danville and maybe Mayfield.

There are only a handfull of schools that can match those numbers. That is state wide NOT regional.;)

Thanks for the reply. Good Stuff. :thumb:

Only data I would add is this:

KHSAA All Time State Titles:

1. Highlands & Trinity 16

3. St. Xavier 11

4. Danville 10

5. Beechwood 9

6. Mayfield 7

7. Male 6

8. Boyle & Cov Cath 5

10. Bardstown and Lynch 4

What gets me is the complete lack of respect that some fans show toward Russell. I think they've earned at least your respect and still none is shown, at all. I don't think I've read one post written by a Mercer faithful that has given any respect to Russell. Most of you say" If we were healthy last year, we would have....". Well, you didn't. It wasn't even close. I just feel like many Mercer fans have no respect for Russell's program, I think they've earned the respect of most of the state. Why is most of Mercer not showing any at all? Last week the Russell BGPers and Belfry BGPers talked on here all week with nothing but respect shown for both programs and there were no closed threads or even any warnings I can remember. Both Belfry and Russell have tons of respect for the other program because they've earned it on the field. From the start I have heard nothing but disrespect and arrogant comments on here towards this game. Show a little respect, I think Russell has earned that much.

Thanks for the reply. Good Stuff. :thumb:

Only data I would add is this:

KHSAA All Time State Titles:

1. Highlands & Trinity 16

3. St. Xavier 11

4. Danville 10

5. Beechwood 9

6. Mayfield 7

7. Male 6

8. Boyle & Cov Cath 5

10. Bardstown and Lynch 4

Like I said only a handfull of schools.

Also Russell has 7 losses in the state semi finals. Each time Russell has lost in the semis it has been to the eventual state champion. 3 to Highlands, 1 Breathitt, 1 Danville, 1 Belfry and 1 to Connor. Russell very easily could have a few more but sometimes the bounces just don't go your way.

We don't need to post any comments on how good Russell is, Russell fans have reminded us of how good they are for the past 4 months.

As for this comment let me give some stats to back up some of the hype. I think this will give Russell a bit of reason to brag.

Going back 5 years

Russell is 61-9 including 4 state semi final appearances and 1 state championship so far.

Mercer is 43-16 with 1 state semi appearances and no state titles as of yet.

That may give us a reason to brag a bit.:D

What gets me is the complete lack of respect that some fans show toward Russell. I think they've earned at least your respect and still none is shown, at all. I don't think I've read one post written by a Mercer faithful that has given any respect to Russell. Most of you say" If we were healthy last year, we would have....". Well, you didn't. It wasn't even close. I just feel like many Mercer fans have no respect for Russell's program, I think they've earned the respect of most of the state. Why is most of Mercer not showing any at all? Last week the Russell BGPers and Belfry BGPers talked on here all week with nothing but respect shown for both programs and there were no closed threads or even any warnings I can remember. Both Belfry and Russell have tons of respect for the other program because they've earned it on the field. From the start I have heard nothing but disrespect and arrogant comments on here towards this game. Show a little respect, I think Russell has earned that much.

Give respect and then get some.

I think Mercer is tired of having their threads hijacked with ...other stuff. The big difference you will see is no one from Mercer taking over a Belfry-Russell game thread. But look at Mercer threads and you will see more than one of the Russell faithful popping off about Mercer.

Trust me, Russell has the respect of Mercer and the State. Those of us that were EVEN AT THE GAME last year...remember the whippin.

So relax, everyone still thinks you guys are a great team......

As for this comment let me give some stats to back up some of the hype. I think this will give Russell a bit of reason to brag.

Going back 5 years

Russell is 61-9 including 4 state semi final appearances and 1 state championship so far.

Mercer is 43-16 with 1 state semi appearances and no state titles as of yet.

That may give us a reason to brag a bit.:D

Nothing wrong with braggin......"it ain't cocky if you say it and you BACK IT UP!!"

Russell is much more than hype.