292 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2A title?

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How much football do you watch? A 14-15 pt. game means if the ball would have bounced a little differently here and there for the opposite team, it could be a different ballgame.

Why does last yrs game even matter? The game was over mid 3rd qtr. They scored two td's late in the 4th, with Varsity vs JV. That was last year, they have older kids and new kids. This should be a fun game to watch. Last year's game has no effect of this years game. IF you go by the recent 6 or 7 year history, this shouldn't even be a game, but I think it will probably be the best one to watch at State. I think the other games will be completely one sided, 1A has a chance to be good.

If I am mistaken then I am sorry, but I thought Mercer was still in the game during the 3rd quarter and wasnt it within 7 pts. for awhile?

According to the stats Mercer was down 20-6 at the half and 34-12 at the end of the third quarter. Mercer scored 2 td's late to make it that close.

Scoring Summary:

1st 05:43 RUSSELL - K. Clark 13 yd run (D. Evans kick), 9-85 3:37, MERCER 0 - RUSSELL 7

02:16 RUSSELL - J. Sizemore 15 yd pass from T. Brown (D. Evans kick), 4-45 1:26, MERCER 0 - RUSSELL 14

2nd 09:11 MERCER - N. Griffith 2 yd run (D. Smith rush failed), 12-67 4:47, MERCER 6 - RUSSELL 14

04:45 RUSSELL - K. Clark 3 yd run (D. Evans kick failed), 9-66 3:10, MERCER 6 - RUSSELL 20

3rd 11:39 RUSSELL - K. Clark 68 yd run (D. Evans kick), 1-68 0:14, MERCER 6 - RUSSELL 27

07:29 RUSSELL - C. Edwards 69 yd run (D. Evans kick), 2-76 0:00, MERCER 6 - RUSSELL 34

05:10 MERCER - N. Griffith 52 yd run (J. Morgan pass failed), 4-72 2:02, MERCER 12 - RUSSELL 34

4th 10:18 MERCER - C. Lewis 13 yd pass from J. Morgan (M. Bottoms pass from J. Morgan), 10-61 3:47, MERCER 20 - RUSSELL 34

07:45 RUSSELL - K. Clark 60 yd pass from T. Brown (D. Evans kick), 5-74 2:27, MERCER 20 - RUSSELL 41

04:31 MERCER - B. Scheller 2 yd run (N. Griffith rush failed), 9-50 3:07, MERCER 26 - RUSSELL 41

None, of course, but that wasn't the point you made. You stated that you never remembered Mercer being in the title game. We were there as Harrodsburg High School in 1988 (loss to Pikeville) and in 1996 an 1997 (losses to Beechwood).

As for your batting average, it is about to drop to .666, IMHO.

Just a bit of information. I was not the one that said that if you read back thru the posts. I was just asking a question. And I'll take a .666 over a .333 any day.:D

How much football do you watch? A 14-15 pt. game means if the ball would have bounced a little differently here and there for the opposite team, it could be a different ballgame.

I have watched every Russell game for the past 5 years. With the way Russell has played in those years I guess a 41-26 score would be considered close. Honestly sometimes Russell gets boring to watch when they end up 50-6 and scores like that.

I guess I would consider scores like 10-7 and 7-0 close but not 41-26.

According to the stats Mercer was down 20-6 at the half and 34-12 at the end of the third quarter. Mercer scored 2 td's late to make it that close.4th 10:18 MERCER - C. Lewis 13 yd pass from J. Morgan (M. Bottoms pass from J. Morgan), 10-61 3:47, MERCER 20 - RUSSELL 34

07:45 RUSSELL - K. Clark 60 yd pass from T. Brown (D. Evans kick), 5-74 2:27, MERCER 20 - RUSSELL 41

04:31 MERCER - B. Scheller 2 yd run (N. Griffith rush failed), 9-50 3:07, MERCER 26 - RUSSELL 41

To be fair, Russell had a 4th quarter score, too, to make their score higher. With 10:18 to play, it was a 14 point game (34-20).

The final Russell TD came on a 60 yard pass to Kasey Clark with 7:45 left. I wouldn't call that JV vs Varsity.

But I agree that last year means nothing. I didn't bring it up. I am only refuting the nonsense that keeps popping up.

Just a bit of information. I was not the one that said that if you read back thru the posts. I was just asking a question. And I'll take a .666 over a .333 any day.:D

......or a .250 (which is what our 1 win out of 4 tries will be).:thumb:

You have to look at it this way. .250 is better than a whole lot of the other schools out there. That's why I'll be happy with our .666 in our appearances.:thumb:

Why does last yrs game even matter? The game was over mid 3rd qtr. They scored two td's late in the 4th, with Varsity vs JV. That was last year, they have older kids and new kids. This should be a fun game to watch. Last year's game has no effect of this years game. IF you go by the recent 6 or 7 year history, this shouldn't even be a game, but I think it will probably be the best one to watch at State. I think the other games will be completely one sided, 1A has a chance to be good.

I wasnt directly referring to last years game. If you noticed, I asked how much "football" do you watch. Im talking about a 14 to 15pt. difference in any ball game.

I wasnt directly referring to last years game. If you noticed, I asked how much "football" do you watch. Im talking about a 14 to 15pt. difference in any ball game.

I believe that you were referring to me and not 38. I watch several games in college and pros as well. I am only basing my comments on Russell high school football. :D

The whole consolidation was done for one reason this year:ATHLETICS.

They waited till the last minute so the KHSAA would not make them play up. I am sure they have done a great job "meshing" the team but facts are facts.

and you're sure not going to let them stand in the way of your story are you???

I have watched every Russell game for the past 5 years. With the way Russell has played in those years I guess a 41-26 score would be considered close. Honestly sometimes Russell gets boring to watch when they end up 50-6 and scores like that.

I guess I would consider scores like 10-7 and 7-0 close but not 41-26.

Your missing the point here. Im not trying to stir up anything or get on everybodys nerves like some of the other Mercer fans. I was simply stating that some 2 TD ball games are closer than the score appears.

Im telling you people quit saying things like this. You wonder why everybody is out to get you all and people are angry. Its arrogance like this. I wish most of you people that get on here would just be quiet. Let the kids work hard and play. Anybody ever heard of being humble?

Your missing the point here. Im not trying to stir up anything or get on everybodys nerves like some of the other Mercer fans. I was simply stating that some 2 TD ball games are closer than the score appears.

I agree with that statement. But there are also some 2 td games that are farther apart than the score shows. This one was about right. Mercer was handled fairly well but Russell did not dominate just to let Mercer score several late in the game.