Crawford:Biggest Gunner in UK History

Cubster

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crawford just tries to do too much.

I think Joe, much like Kelenna Azubuike, has had a difficult time making the transition to college basketball. They were both prolific scorers in high school, but at that time they were far superior athletically. In college, they lack the ability to truly create their own shot off of the dribble. Sure, Crawford can pull up and shoot over top of somebody because of his excellent elevation, but when was the last time you saw Crawford take 2 dribbles and pull up and shoot a jumpshot? Honestly, I can't remember it.

I think he is a selfish/lazy player as well.

I don't think he's lazy - I think he works his butt off to get a shot. I think that he presses like every shot will determine if he makes it to the next level or not. He tries too hard instead of letting the game flow to him.

I don't think he's lazy - I think he works his butt off to get a shot. I think that he presses like every shot will determine if he makes it to the next level or not. He tries too hard instead of letting the game flow to him.

Good point...I remember Keith Bogans was pretty much the same way and then when he finally realized that if he let the game come to him and stopped forcing things, became a very good player who made it to the next level, but, it was well into his Jr year before that happened, so, let's give Joe the time to work out his own situation and find himself as a player...